“Great prices, convenient to Metro and Train”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Aquarium

Hotel Aquarium
Ranked #1,048 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
London
“Great prices, convenient to Metro and Train”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We had two rooms in this hotel, both were good, one much larger than the other. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and they made us feel very welcome. It is very handy to the Metro and the train station. There is wifi in the lobby and an ok breakfast. There is limited luggage space so we ended up taking our bags to the train station left luggage. overall clean and quiet. we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kiwigal999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This is a pleasant little place. Proximity to Termini is great. Situated on a quiet street, we had a lovely little room with a delightful balcony. Air conditioning was great, room clean and bathroom adequate for our needs. Hair dryer was supplied when requested. Staff were only too pleased to help; concierge gave great advice for tours and when we checked out mega early we were given coffee and pastries before we left. You get what you pay for in terms of luxury, but the helpulness and friendliness of the staff is priceless.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jilene
buenos aires
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I stayed at the Aquarium with my family last month for 5 nights. The rooms were really big for a 2-star hotel, they cleaned and changed towels every day. Breakfast was pretty good and the staff very nice! Location is great, it´s 1 block away from the Termini train station (there are non-stop trains to Fiumicino every hour)... Subways and buses stop are there too, even though you are just a few minutes walk to many attactions...

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ieiita
Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I had booked this hotel through Laterooms in early January 2010 for stay in May 2010 because of its location close to central station.

However, not long after I had booked the room for 59 Euros a night, the hotel emailed me to say they will NOT honour the original booking price. Instead, they want 75 Euros a night.

I had made a complaint through Laterooms and Laterooms did follow it up on my behalf. The resolution they offered to Laterooms was that they will honour the original booking price. When I email the hotel directly to seek their confirmation however, they say they will not honour it. They only offer 70 Euros a night or cancel the booking.

So I suspect they will say anything to please Laterooms with no intention to honour the resolution. Base on the negative booking experience, I have lost faith staying with this hotel and had canceled my booking with them.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sunnysai

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

British Colujmbia
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I got a deal on this hotel from lastminute.com, and wasn't disappointed. The room was very clean and comfortable. It's right next to the train station -- a fair walk from the sights but great for me as I had to be up early to catch the express train to the airport. Staff were incredibly friendly -- allowed me to check in early and seemed genuinely keen to help. They even packed a breakfast for me because I had to leave early. I spent one other night at one of the other budget hotels nearby, and there was no comparison. I'd definitely stay at Hotel Aquarium again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business