2,327 results
All reviews rooftop pool privilege room great location rooms are small metro station few minutes walk modern hotel stayed here for nights sight seeing superior room other attractions public transport would highly recommend this hotel the air conditioning mini bar pastries trevi fountain
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose this hotel due to its location and the pool. I was in Rome for 4 nights at the start of August so the weather was (obviously) hot. With its location so close to Colosseum ( and other places ) I was able to wake early and do sight-seeing till about 12, got back to the hotel and enjoyed the pool for a few hours and back out sigh-seeing around 4 oclock, the hotel made this easy to do.

Was a perfect routine for such hot days while I was there.

The hotel was clean, the front desk staff were always very friendly and helpful.

The bathrooms were slightly small but they fit everything into there. I would remove the bidet so you had some more room and could also open the shower fully to step in and out but that is just me.

From memory the pool closed at 7pm, I thought this was perhaps a little early especially during the middle of summer, however I think was more so a city requirement rather than a hotel one, which it is nice to come back to the hotel for a swim in the evening which was a shame not to be able to do but understand the city requirements.

The rooms had the normal tea and coffee making facilities and did also have a safe in the room as well.

I stayed on Level 3 which was easy, I used the stairs more often than the lift as the lift was quite slow sometimes but the stairs were easy and quick.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an enjoyable stay here for 3 nights. Staff were very hospitable and gave us a bottle of champagne for our honeymoon, which was a nice touch. Pool on the roof was a godsend in the afternoon after pounding the Roman pavement. Walk into Trastevere was about 20mins and definitely the place to go for dinner. Wifi was pretty poor but I guess you shouldn’t come to Rome to be on your phone!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed for 3 nights - 2 adults & 2 children in 2 privilege rooms (with Le Club Accor 50% off a 2nd family room). We'd booked twin rooms however on checking in they were made up as doubles - after a bit of discussion (there was initially a reluctance to switch the beds to twins) this was soon resolved whilst we had a complimentary drink in the rooftop terrace which was beautiful. Our children couldn't wait to get into the pool - the views are spectacular, it's very cold but perfect for cooling down!
The air-con worked efficiently and the rooms were very quiet and dark so we slept really well. The overall experience was excellent however I'm knocking off 1 point as the meal at the rooftop restaurant was extremely disappointing. How a chef in a 4 star hotel in Rome can produce such a mediocre pasta meal (penne with a couple of prawns & a tiny amount of courgette) and serve a burger with CRISPS on the side is beyond me. I would advise taking a look at the view of the Colosseum from the rooftop at sunset and then going across the road to one of the local restaurants that produce fabulous fresh pasta for a fraction of the price.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as it would have been about 50 euros per day for the 4 of us. There is a Carrefour Express a few minutes walk away which is useful for snacks etc. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel which we used on a couple of occasions to go to Trastevere district and Campo de'Fiori.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at the hotel after recommendation from a friend due to where it was.
Cons: When I first arrived I was a little disappointed about the size of room however we got used to it I also didn’t realise the pool was raised which put me off from using it. The drink prices at the bar where very expensive two drinks including a beer and a vodka with a mixer was €16. We didn’t eat at the roof top bar mainly as we met a couple who had and said other than the pasta the food was not brilliant and the drinks prices too however we didn’t try it so can’t really give real review on that.
Pros: what a perfect location walk to colosseum and in from there right into Rome. It took us about 45 mins to walk from hotel to Vatican and well worth the walk with all the sites to see didn’t really notice it and only cost €15 euros taxi back. However right opposite the hotel was tram and bus stop.
The views from the hotel were stunning.
Opposite the hotel there are some little side roads with great restaurants we found and served just as good food as anywhere else in Rome. We found it a safe area and now looking back would go there again we didn’t mind about the small room or the pool as didn’t have time to sit anyway.
The service was excellent.
Good recommendation once we got over the initial thoughts. We would recommend it to others.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Ok - please read this review.

I went on holiday with my mother last month to Rome and let me begin by saying that we had an absolutely brilliant time.

We arrived at this hotel and we were a little taken back at first glance because of the quite run down look of the hotel entrance floor in the lobby area. For a 4 star hotel we were expecting it to be spotless. The reception staff were friendly and we received our room key. We went up in the lift, which was covered in finger marks (it obviously needed a polish) inside and we came to our room.

We had a deluxe room with Colosseum view. I have pictures of the room we were given which are so bad I would will not post on here in order to keep the hotel from embarrassment. Above the clothing units was thick dust, the room needed a really good clean and it was overall run down with marks on the paint and skirting boards. The shower head was thick with black dirt and it had not been cleaned correctly for us.

The windows were dirty. We phoned reception and a guy came up with a dry cloth and some spray. I told him to come back some other time. It was obvious that what he had to clean would never have done the job! We had a colosseum view but we could hardly see out of our window because of the dirty glass. We were so taken back that I had to sit on the bed with my head in my hands for a few moments. My mum was also really disappointed.

Anyhow - this is where the story takes a turn for the best.

Our rooms were changed and we were both given two separate double rooms with colosseum view after mom mother made a complaint at the reception. WAW. The rooms we were given were beautiful and clean with an amazing view. IT WAS LIKE A NEW HOTEL.

From this time onwards we viewed our surroundings in a new light and were relieved that we could move rooms!

The hotel was wonderful with beautiful breakfasts on the roof top and in the food hall. Me and my mother enjoyed having a simple continental breakfast on the roof many times.

We enjoyed spending a few hours each day relaxing around the pool on the roof top after long walks around rome. WAW - it was FANTASTIC.

We also recommend eating and having a drink at the hotel bar on the roof stop and going to one of their buffet evenings.

The hotel is situated in a great spot for those who want to sight see. We walked everywhere and even to the Vatican from the hotel. It took us about 45 minutes but with lots of coffee stops. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

You must visit St Peter in Chains Church and St Paul's Church where his body lays. WONDERFUL SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.

So all in all hotel wise A MIXED BAG - be careful that you get the best room possible and if you are unhappy to VOICE YOUR FEELINGS.

I recommend this hotel.

Lovely sat with lovely food!

Room Tip: Colosseum view - rooms are very small if you are a couple or travelling by two.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family