All reviews great location near termini walking distance private bathroom main attractions metro station central location marco
Reviewed 30 June 2015

It is an excellent place. It is very near the Termini Station, within walk distance. The room is very nice, clean and comfortable. The rooms on the 3rd floor are much better than the rooms on the 1st floor, however with a same price. Wifi is not so good. The location is good, environment is safe.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2015

Overall this is a good small hostel located in a quiet area of Rome away from the main sites. It is about a 15-20min walk to the centre of Rome (e.g. Pantheon, main restaurants, shopping areas etc.). The nearest metro station is Barberini which is about a 5min walk. This is handy for travelling to the Colosseum and Vatican.

Positives: Welcoming, helpful and friendly staff. Modern clean kitchen which could be accessed at any time. The kitchen is fully equipped including stove, kettle, fridge and cooking utensils (see photo). Adjacent to the kitchen is a communal area with a table for eating, a TV and DVD player. Basic breakfast provided (tea, toast and cereal). Free WiFi in rooms. Nice en-suite bathroom which is cleaned daily (see photo). Towels are available for 2EUR.

Negatives: Noise from guests in the communal area and kitchen could be heard in the closest bedrooms. It was also noisy around 7:30 - 8am when breakfast was being setup. However, other guests staying in rooms further away from the communal area informed me that their rooms were always quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the kitchen and communal area as the noise travels very easily
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed 28 May 2015

I stayed here on a vacation alone May 16th-18th. The location of this hostel was perfect for me. It was close to the train station but also close to Bernini square and quite centrally located. I felt very safe, and the building was quaint. I stayed in a 3 person mixed dorm with a shared bathroom. I had hot water every time. The rooms were simple and clean. They have a locker in the room big enough for your bags, but you have to bring your own lock. The staff was really nice as well. They were all helpful and very kind. The Wi-Fi could be spotty at times, but there was a computer in the common area for use that worked perfectly. There was a free breakfast of cereal and toast included. They have a full kitchen with a fridge that you could use, if needed. The towels can be rented for one euro, and there was a key deposit that was returned when you return your key. There was also a tv and reading material in the common area.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2015

It would have been a 5-star review had I not been placed in a room next to the living room. It was a bit difficult to find this hostel in the beginning. I was arriving from Termini, and I don't know how many people I had to ask where Via Umbria was, but very few people knew where this street was located. After I found the hostel, I realized how convenient and centrally located it was to most of the main tourist attractions. The staff is friendly and very helpful. On one occasion, I needed to visit the hospital, and Francisco and the owner of the hostel were very helpful in locating one for me (considering that I was a US citizen without health insurance in Italy). Cons: 1) Breakfast could be improved. 2) I stayed in a 2-person bedroom that was the closest to the living room. The woman who was on duty that evening was not able to enforce the evening curfew to use the living room, and I had to personally speak to the guests about their noise level. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the living room if you're sensitive to noise
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamesvvang
Reviewed 28 April 2015

This was our first time staying at a hostel and it was a great experience. Everything was very clean and ready upon our arrival. We had a private room/bath much cheaper then any hotel you could find in Rome. The location was very convenient and less than a 20 min. walk to most of the major sites. A breakfast of cereal, toast and juice was provided, staff was helpful and allowed us to keep our bags there after checking out since our train left later in the day.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple