“Great Hostel for the Family”

and 1 more site!
La Controra Hostel Rome
Ranked #43 of 1,169 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 15 April 2012

It is a very friendly ,neat ,clean,small and modern Hostel. I was there with my husband and too sons (14 and 7). The staff what very helpful and friendly specially with the boys.The room was just perfect. Spacious ,clean with en suit bathroom. Everything very well maintained and tasteful.
The breakfast was just fine.It could have been better . The location is FANTASTIC! Stone trough of all the public transports and close to mayor touristic attractions...I will come back at any time !

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2012

La Controra hostel is the prettiest hostel I have ever stayed in. It was very clean, the bathroom was sooo pretty, I will probably copy their design for my next house, and everything about it was just really comfortable. The staff was more than kind, helpful and professional. I was 2 hours late and arrived at 1AM terrified that no one will be there to open the door and that I will have to sleep out on the street, but lucky for me, they waited up for me.
They helped me with everything I needed. Saved me the next day when a different hostel I booked in, turned out to be terrible, and did so much more then expected. This hostel was the best hostel I stayed at the whole time I traveled around Italy, and I am just so lucky I found it. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2012

A great hostel, very keen, lovely staff, good facilities and a great location. The breakfast could be better but other than that its pretty much spot on. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a private room with a bathroom for 5 nights. It was a great decision. The staff is friendly and inviting, the room was much nicer than I expected and very clean, and they have free wifi. The only change I'd like to see is if they'd put the wifi on every floor, but walking up some stairs or taking the elevator is well worth it. The breakfast is simple, but again it's free. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hostel is located on two separate floors in the building. The 3rd floor has wifi, the 1st floor...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cyrswvr
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed just one night on an extended layover through Rome. My favorite part about this hostel was all the great people I met. It's a small hostel, which I think lends itself well to making it easy to meet and talk to people. The staff was very friendly and helpful, though they're not there 24 hours.

The breakfast in the morning was perfectly fine, nothing special. I thought the bathroom situation was a little odd. I was in a 4 bed dorm that had one bathroom outside, while all the other rooms in the hostel had a bathroom ensuite. I would have rather had shared bathrooms for everyone, so that if one's full there's another one available for use. And the bathroom was quite small, but I took an okay shower in there, so it wasn't too bad.

The beds weren't all that comfortable, but they could've been worse.

The location of the hostel is good, easy walk to the spanish steps, trevi fountain and villa borghese. I would definitely stay here again for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo