All reviews great location near termini walking distance private bathroom main attractions metro station central location marco
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a private room with a bathroom for 5 nights. It was a great decision. The staff is friendly and inviting, the room was much nicer than I expected and very clean, and they have free wifi. The only change I'd like to see is if they'd put the wifi on every floor, but walking up some stairs or taking the elevator is well worth it. The breakfast is simple, but again it's free. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hostel is located on two separate floors in the building. The 3rd floor has wifi, the 1st floor does not.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cyrswvr
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed just one night on an extended layover through Rome. My favorite part about this hostel was all the great people I met. It's a small hostel, which I think lends itself well to making it easy to meet and talk to people. The staff was very friendly and helpful, though they're not there 24 hours.

The breakfast in the morning was perfectly fine, nothing special. I thought the bathroom situation was a little odd. I was in a 4 bed dorm that had one bathroom outside, while all the other rooms in the hostel had a bathroom ensuite. I would have rather had shared bathrooms for everyone, so that if one's full there's another one available for use. And the bathroom was quite small, but I took an okay shower in there, so it wasn't too bad.

The beds weren't all that comfortable, but they could've been worse.

The location of the hostel is good, easy walk to the spanish steps, trevi fountain and villa borghese. I would definitely stay here again for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Good hostel near the Villa Borghese, Trevi Fountain, and Spanish Steps. About a ten minute stroll from the central train station. Rooms were kept very clean. Two solid-sided lockers were provided per bed that were big enough for medium-size luggage. Security in the area was good due to the location near the US embassy.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This hostel is awesome. Great staff and you meet some really nice people. This hostel is not big, but it is not slow either. Just right! Facilities are clean and close to everything.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stayed here for three nights after dis-embarking on a Pacific Princess Holy Land Cruise. We took the train from the port (about an hour ride) to the main station in Rome. The hostel was within walking distance but was a good 15-20 minute walk pulling the suitcases.

We were three adults (hubby, wife, and brother-in-law). We booked a three person room with shared bath (ensuites were already booked). We had one bunk bed and a single bed. There were lockers in the room to use if desired. We stayed two nights.

The hostel is located on the third floor and there is an elevator to take our things upstairs. This elevator was pretty neat... the antiquated style where you have to open the doors yourself - just don't forget to close the doors when you exit or the elevator won't leave that floor and others will not be pleased with you.... There is a nice common and kitchen area to enjoy. Breakfast consisted of bread, juice, and coffee.

The area is within walking distance to the Colosseum, Tivoli Square, etc. The Vatican is far enough away that it's better to use the public transportation. Depending on how long you will be there, you can purchase a single-multiple day transit pass. If you plan to do the Vatican City tour, you can save A LOT of time in line by purchasing your tour tickets on line, even in off season!

The staff there is friendly and helpful. We had to make arrangements to get to the airport, but with three of us sharing the cab fare, it made sense to take the taxi. The night lady (sorry, forgot your name) told us how the morning staff could call the taxi for us. She also had 'breakfast' set up so the morning staff could get it out quicker as our taxi would be picking us up a few minutes after breakfast would have started. That was nice of her :)

We had to make our own beds here, and there was a charge for use of a towel.

Cons... mosquitos! We left our windows open and at night while we slept, we were bitten several times. Hubby got up in the middle of the night with the towel whacking away and killed about six of them... now we understood why there were little black marks scattered around the walls when we arrived LOL Bring bug repellent and itch cream just in case.

We would definitely return to this hostel!!!!

Room Tip: Keep the windows closed from dusk to morning.... mosquitos will sneak in otherwise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends