The First Roma
USD 279*
USD 954*
USD 493*
  • Restaurant
All reviewsart hotelrooftop barjunior suiteglass of proseccomichelin star restaurantspanish stepsnear piazza del popoloquiet side streeton arrivalluxury hotelbeautiful hotelmarble bathroomour honeymoonnespresso machinedinner reservationssitting areathe hotel manager
Reviewed 12 April 2012

After reading such good reviews on this hotel, I booked it and was expecting perhaps more than I should. Very good location, modern tasteful decor and nice and clean. Big drawback is (actually this I subsequently found out, as one always do, this has been mentioned by other reviews) the room is not sound proof at all. I could clearly hear my next door neighbors having a great time laughing and chatting in the middle of the night. As a result, we have to constantly remind ourselves to speak in whisper. Next drawback is the hot water in the bath room is not that hot sometimes (sometimes it's okay). We tried to get hotel staff to fix it but they seem to think it's hot enough! Air-condition cannot go past 23 degrees, which for us was a bit cold because my hubby wasn't feeling too well and we ended up having to turn it off completely from time to time. Lastly, there's no free bottled water.

Room Tip: Don't accept a connecting room if you are not the one using both rooms, because the walls are not soundproof at all.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank J J
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel in November 2011. The location is fantastic. The hotel is on a quiet street off Via de Ripetta, one of the three major streets that run north to south throughout the city. The hotel is nearest the Piazza del Popolo- one of the quieter piazzas in Rome, which is nice after walking through the crowds along the Via del Corso where one can find a great deal of shopping and a lot of tourists. The rooms were well appointed and have a typical amount of space for a standard room with a king size bed for any major world city. I prefer to stay in boutique hotels for the character that other hotels like the Hassler or the Four Seasons cannot provide. The First Hotel absolutely felt warmer than the business like hotels devoid of any real character. There were only a few drawbacks. The location is on a quiet street which keep the noise down, but the walls between my room and the next was a little thin- I could hear my neighbors' television most of the time. The concierge were kind and very accommodating, but I am a foodie and they didn't really know any hidden gems for finer dining. That was disappointing, but all in all the team present during my 7 days was as helpful as they could be. I would recommend this hotel to future guests of Rome.

Room Tip: Just pay more if you have space demands. It's Rome. Just like NYC or London...you have to pay for the square footage.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank foodgrl
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for 4 nights, and the accommodations were lovely. Everything is new and very clean! I would like to respond to one of the reviews about no A/C. That was true. My private tour guide did tell me that Rome is very strict about air conditioning before April 1st so it is not the fault of the hotel. We did open our window which made the room comfortable.
The location can not be beat. The hotel is on a little street very close to the best shopping and excellent restaurants.we were able to walk everywhere!
The staff were young and professional. The service in the restaurant was outstanding, and the food was delicious. This will be my place to stay when in Rome!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was just in Rome this past week with my friend. The room (art suite) was amazing. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they found opera tickets for us, recommended restaurants and a spa. I would definitely stay there again. The view from the roof was also amazing at night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The First Hotel is a beautiful and well managed hotel. I have been treated like a little princess from check in to check out.
The rooms are larged and well equiped, very cozy. The bed is extremely confortable. There is a great walk in closet and the bathroom is just stuning.
The location is just perfect tuck up in a side street so very quiet and discreet. The staff is discreet, attentive and warm. The breakfast and dinner is really enjoyable. In the evening there is a musician in the bar so you won't feel the need to leave the hotel!
I could not recommend the hotel enough !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walking shower, if not you might not have a shower with curtain...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business