1,011 results
All reviews bus stop baroque style marble floors centre of rome the nearest metro station charming hotel main attractions short break yogurt trevi fountain sight seeing walked everywhere visit to rome spanish steps buses nomentana vatican
Reviewed 28 August 2018

it was a nice hotel, it was clean, we got a very small room, polite people, good service. good breakfast, nice location, easily access to the center, buses were passing outside the hotel. classic hotel.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

A great hotel in a perfect location, ideal if you want to visit most of the sites as easily accessible by foot and bus.
We were greeted by Stephano, he gave us all the information on how to reach our destinations and was very helpful.
Due to my ‘delicate’ back, I was unable to get a comfortable sleep, the lovely Yasmina went out of her way to have my mattress changed.
There is a variety of breakfast options, this is served from 7-10am, we throughly enjoyed our breakfasts.
House keeping is daily as standard and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The decor does need a touch up, however it did fall in with where we were. There are local restaurants within minutes of the hotel, a fantastic cake shop and pharmacy
I would highly recommend the hotel, it was perfect for us exploring and I would definitely return

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Don’t be fooled by the opulent reception area, which looks impressive, this hotel is awful - I have no idea how it has achieved a 4* rating, I’d struggle to give it 2. Myself and 2 daughters and my parents have just spent 3 nights in this hotel and I have to say we’re all disgusted. My mum and dad had to be moved from the room they were given as it was small even for 2 people, the bathroom was dated with a tiny shower and the window had dark wooden shutters on the outside which didn’t open - the room they were moved to wasn’t much better in terms of size, but the bathroom was slightly better, though my dad likened it to a prison cell. Our room for 3 was ok size-wise but dark and the air con pathetic, the bathroom was dated but sizeable. The hotel boasts minibars in the rooms - in reality this is a coolish fridge with 3 bottles of water which wasn’t replenished during our stay - a roof terrace with bar - this doesn’t exist - and in our room there were only 2 electrical sockets (that we could find) and one of these was the shaver charger. The breakfast area looked dirty and the continental breakfast was sparse and frankly unappealing , it’s served between 7am and 10am, on the second morning we arrived at 8am and there was nowhere to sit and literally nothing left to eat, we were told it would be a 10 minute wait as we were booked on a tour we had to make do with the scant offerings available. All through the hotel and the room we stopped in is a strong , sometimes overwhelming, musty damp smell, we were told on arrival that there was a washroom to use as we’d arrived before our check-in time - one of the 2 toilets was out of order and remained so throughout our stay. The service received from the reception staff was poor, we were advised that for one of our tours they’d book a taxi for us 10 minutes before departure only to be told there were no taxis available we received no apology and the result was a mad dash to the nearest metro. The tin hat was put on our stay by a film crew that were staying at the hotel who were allowed to use the one small lift up to our floor to ferry their equipment which they then proceeded to store all over the reception area (on chairs and tables) with no intervention or indeed interest from the hotel staff of the impact on other guests.

If we’d paid for 2* accommodation then OK but we’d paid for 4* - this is the first time I’ve ever felt compelled to write a review but I’m absolutely fuming and disgusted with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

A very conveniently located hotel from the Termini.The check in was quick.The staff was extremely courteous and helpful,always willing to help with a smile.
The bus stop is just 2 minutes away and connected very well with all touristic spots.
A good spread for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

As others have said; when you arrive the reception looks impressive. Everything after that is reminiscent of the film ‘The Shining’. You don’t see anyone in the halls. Probably because no-one else is stupid enough to stay here.

The room we’re in is tiny. There are stains on the curtains. The air conditioning is nowhere near Man enough for the weather. I didn’t even really want to turn it on for fear of dust or legionnaires. There are 3 of us in our room and we are literally tripping over each other. The beds are horrendous. It makes twang noises when you get out of it and my back is stiff as hell this morning.

We had to call someone to the room to operate the shower as I’m not familiar with operating equipment from the late 80’s/ early 90’s.

Breakfast is at the low quality end of a continental. I’ve given up on it. And don’t eat exited about the free WiFi - it only works 50% of the time.

I’m fuming. This is supposed to be a 4* Hotel and it is anything but. Just look at the window outside our room! Look at the dirt in the corner!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family