“Great location and friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Genova

Hotel Genova
Ranked #443 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Close to the train and bus terminal, and metro stop. Numerous restaurants and stores surrounding the hotel. The staff were very helpful with arranging transportation from the airport and to the cruise ship port. Very nice breakfast area with a good selection of items to chose from. Breakfast is included in the cost of the room. Our room was large and the bathroom was spacious with a nice deep bathtub.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Skye-mother

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel with a friend and got an amazing holiday.The staff were friendly specially Andrea who was charming and helpful at all times.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front tend to be more noicy,so stay in another area except the front.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My stay at the Hotel Genova was great! The room was very comfortable and the service was great! The employees were very efficient and professional! A special mention goes to Mr Andrea Tinto, who was always very helpful! I will definetely stay here again next time I'll find myself in Rome!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2011

In this day and age internet is no longer just a nice thing to have. At this hotel for 5 Euros an hour you could get poor internet connection at the far end of the lobby. It was not available in your room. I was occasionally able to get better access from surrounding hotels. It was maddening. The weekend staff, when we arrived were very rude. The weekday staff was better. I was part of a tour group and didn't have a choice about where I stayed, otherwise I would have been out of there after my second trip up three flights of stairs with the wrong key to my room. The lobby always smelled like smoke and it was up the stairs in the morning. Nothing else to do at night I guess. I would not go back or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed for three nights, two then another night a week later. The check in person was freindly but tried to tell us that a lot of the restaurants were closed because it was the hoildays so he would book us in to make sure we got in. Well there was a least 10 eating places in an easy walk all open and all with room. TOURIST ARE NOT STUPID.
The room was very small and the bathroom could only fit one person in at a time. In fact the shower was the smallest shower we had ever used and difficult to get into. Via Cavour is a main road in Rome and the sound proofing was not up to the noise, so take earplugs.
The breakfast was very good but the trolley coming through to collect dirty plates and scraping food into a container was unpleasant and unnecessary.
I asked for room away from the main road for our second visit but they gave us the same side and argued with me that I had asked for this.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. There are lots in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Rome hotels
Hotel Massimo D'Azeglio
Starhotels Metropole
#166 of 1,269 in Rome
Monti
Eurostars International Palace

Been to Hotel Genova? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Genova

Address: Via Cavour 25, 00184 Rome, Italy
Region: Italy > Lazio > Rome > Esquilino , Castro Pretorio
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#239 Luxury Hotel in Rome
Price Range: $119 - $314 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Genova 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotelopia so you can book your Hotel Genova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Genova Hotel Rome