1,365 results
All reviews spanish steps around the corner annex building great location the main hotel rooms are small via del corso trevi fountain within walking distance trip to rome car service excellent hotel the hotel staff metro station heart of rome eternal city central location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great location for our short break to Rome we found all sites within walking distance of this hotel. The colosseum approx 35 mins and Vatican approx 40 mins. We stayed in a annex which this one was literally around the corner from the main hotel we counted 55 steps to walk to it as we had read that someone had put it was 2 blocks away! This wasn’t the case unless there’s more than one annex! We stayed in room 001 & we were very happy with it as it was very clean modern & good air conditioning. There was tea & coffee making facilities & mini bar which you pay extra for. There wasn’t a great view as it just overlooked the narrow street below but you have to expect this being right in a central location. There was no noise pollution they had double glazed units on the window and sure the room was a little dark but they had a good lighting system in the room.
Breakfast was a small room downstairs in the main hotel & it was perfectly adequate apart from the minor issue of the drinks machine operating extremely slowly so had to wait for that.
We found all the staff helpful and friendly & particularly the front desk staff who always greeted you very warmly. Would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located literally 100 meters from the Spanish square and Spanish Steps and within a short reach of the main attractions of Rome.
The service was good and we got directions to all what we needed.
Rooms are comfy and actually more spacious than expected

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Great location only 3 minutes from the Spanish steps. Trevi Fountain only a short walk away & even the Colosseum was within walking distance. The staff were very friendly though we did not need their assistance that much. We got the pick up service they provide which was 60.00 euro for two but well worth it as we did not arrive in Rome until 8.30 pm. The driver was waiting for us in arrivals & took us straight to the hotel. The room was nice & clean. We were told we got a complimentary upgrade so maybe our room was bigger than others & it also had air conditioning which other rooms may not have. We booked the room in the main building which included breakfast. Breakfast was a option of breads/rolls & cold meats. A nice selection of cakes & plenty fruit. Also there was scrambled eggs & hot dogs, you wouldn't require much more with the warm weather. Hotel had free Wifi.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The rooms are small, but quaint and lovely. The receptionist made reservations at a really great restaurant one block down the street. There is a bit of stairs and walking involved, so if you need are unable to navigate such things find a bigger hotel. All in all, we loved this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2018

As much as I would love to give this historical hotel 5 Stars, I did have issues with the size of the room and their breakfast.
Room Size -1 Star– Very cramped. Ignore the pictures on this website.The Spanish Step are NOT down the street from the hotel. They're close, but more like 2-3 blocks away. I rented the ‘double standard’ room, er, closet.. There was about a 2 foot space around the perimeter of the bed, hardly any space to open a suitcase. The bath was small, but large enough for 2 people. Water pressure (shower) was adequate. Bed was a bit firm.
My issue was that I specifically requested a room in their annex (I never did find out where the annex was). According to their website, the rooms in the annex are suppose to be slightly larger, but when I questioned the hotel about the different size rooms, they insisted all rooms, whether in main hotel or annex, were the same size.Then why does the web site specify the annex was larger?
My second issue was their breakfast. They quoted me 14 Euros for the breakfast, and believe me, it wasn’t worth it. Nothing hot, mostly cheese, some meat and rolls. Major ripoff, so go to a nearby pastry shop instead.
For each of my issues, I deducted one star on the rating. I will give a 5 Star rating to Angelo at the front desk. Speaks great English and knows the best restaurants in the neighborhood. Super nice and professional..

Room Tip: Don't buy the breakfast and expect to be cramped.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family