All reviews via veneto spanish steps beautiful hotel american embassy la dolce vita deluxe room borghese gardens trevi fountain turn down service breakfast buffet within walking distance little things an upgrade dinner reservations large bathroom heart of rome air conditioning
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Excellent service and great room in this well situated smart hotel. About 10 minutes walk (downhill) to the Pantheon. Thought the cocktail bar was up to scratch and reasonably priced. Was disappointed with the breakfast which I thought was lacklustre for a Five Star hotel and the breakfast room a horrible, small dark room with no natural light-dreadful. All in all had a nice time here but would try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
M_Mainella, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Baglioni Hotel Regina last year in July.

I truly wish to thank you for having dedicated your time to write your review although is not totally a positive one, particularly for the Breakfasat which has been recently reviewed with only superior-quality seasonal ingredients in order to offer oly fine Italian-made products.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Generally a very average hotel. The staff was not overly friendly and the concierge staff gave us bad advice twice in terms of restaurants. The decor was dated and the restaurant was overpriced. There are definitely much better places to stay in Rome.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Baglioni Hotel Regina in occasion of your stay in Roma.

I am sorry about the advises given by our Concierge, I would really appreciate if You could contact me directly in order to understand more about it.

I truly wish to thank you for having dedicated your time to write your review although is not totally a positive one, I hope that you will choose to return to the Baglioni Hotel Regina in the near future and give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we can meet and over exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is world class and ideally located. It sits across the street from the US Embassy, is 10 minutes from the Vatican and near lots of shopping.

The staff are Uber polite and their English is excellent. Views are exceptional on higher floors.

Everything, including Trastevere neighborhood with great restaurants and nightlife is less than 20 minutes away.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
M_Mainella, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Mr. Nickerson

What a pleasure to read your message!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Baglioni Hotel Regina, and especially for your kind words towards our Team Members.

We are really glad to know we over exceeded Your expectation, Roman Perfection says it all.

It is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our perfect location, right in the heart of the famous Via Veneto, indeed, the Baglioni Hotel Regina remains one of the best addresses to start a visit of the eternal and beautiful city.

Thank You for choosing Baglioni Hotels and for recommending to stay with us.

Please contact me personally for another "Unforgettable Baglioni Experience with the Italian touch", I will be delighted to assist You.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I checked into this hotel after 9pm, the guy at reception said breakfast was not included, I told him I was a LHW member, had made the booking via lhw.com and so should get a complimentary breakfast but he said his system did not say this and he asked if I had a LHW membership card. I said I would e-mail reception my LHW booking confirmation mail and did this but got no response (thought it was slightly rude for the hotel not to acknowledge or reply to my e-mail). When I asked about this the next morning I was told my mails were in a spam folder and had not been read by staff. My room was terribly warm when I entered it, I asked about turning on the air conditioning but was told the A-C system was not operational during this season so I had to open the window instead. I tried to watch a tv programme but the hotel lost its electricity power supply on at least 2 occasions for a prolonged period. When I asked the next morning I was told this was because of some faulty machinery in the hotel kitchen (??!!) but received no apology. I was told when checking in I would get a Financial Times newspaper. It hadn't arrived by the morning so when going for breakfast at 09.15am I asked at reception who said they would get the concierge to go out and purchase one at a newsagent. It still hadn't arrived when I was checking out at 11.45am: on this occasion I was told there was no Financial Times issued on a Sunday. I explained that the weekend edition of the newspaper is valid for Saturday and Sunday, so finally and only after I insisted the concierge went out and got one. I understood checkout time was 12.00 so was surprised when the cleaning lady already knocked on my room at 11.45am seeking to clean it. Given my overall experience I decided I did not wish to spend any more time in this hotel and so checked out immediately. About 90 minutes earlier a male member of staff had knocked on my room door but when I opened it he went away without entering. I presume he intended to check the minibar or something but he was unable to explain anything in English and just walked away, it was very strange. I did not really enjoy my stay in this hotel. I was in Italy for 2 weeks on a business trip and the espresso coffee at breakfast in this hotel was the worst of the entire trip (surprising since Italian people normally give some care and attention to preparing nice coffee). After my stay I was invited to submit a review/feedback for my stay to LHW and after I did this I received an e-mail of apology from the hotel manager(but without any explanation for the various problems/issues experienced). He ignored my (polite) reply mail asking for an explanation, and when I re-sent this mail to the Baglioni group and this Rome hotel some weeks later they again ignored it, which I don't consider to be a basic acceptable level of service for a two star hotel never mind one which purports to be a leading chain of luxury five star hotels. There are plenty of nice hotels in Rome so I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
9  Thank R H
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Location was nice, room was very nice and large, but we didn't get the upgrade we requested and didn't even get a call about it. Service was spotty at best. We came back relatively late a couple of times and there wasn't any personal at the lobby, not what you expect in a 5 star hotel.
The front desk personnel wasn't of much service at all.
We had breakfast included, but is was very basic for such a category hotel

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple