“Romans Holiday”

Ranked #79 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Tehran, Tehran, Iran
“Romans Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

well...what can i say ? its truely the luxuriest hotel in Rome. Near to piazza republica and metro station. Quite suitable for an evening stroll in the streets around the hotel.
and the hotel itself....very comfortable rooms and bathrooms,housekeeping both in day and night, a classic lobby but friendly at the same time. I really enjoyed having a cappuccino in the lobby every afternoon. I personally suggest this hotel if you are planning a relaxing luxury trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Negin S
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your roman holiday and appreciated the quality of a good Italian cappuccino in the discreet atmosphere of our lobby. We would like to invite you to also consider our afternoon tea ritual on your future stay with us; a truly St. Regis tradition in partnership with Dammann Frères. Thank you again for having selected the St. Regis and we hope that you will consider us as your personal address on your next visits to the Eternal City.
Kind regards,

The Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

A beautiful, beautiful hotel. The wonderful lobby has so many niches and seating areas, you can be alone or with a group and still experience it as grand, especially with the pianist playing in the evenings. We had an inexpensive room and it was still amazing, with a king bed, a magnficent bathroom, and a charming window seat with shutter windows that opened to a quiet courtyard. Breakfast is pricey but totally worth it -- the omelet chef is a darling. The house butler, Monica, the doormen, and the concierges are all so welcoming and gracious. The concierge's recommendations for restaurants were spot-on for reasonable prices and authentic food. The hotel was nicely situated for walking to all the points on our itinerary. One comment: it would be nice if wi-fi access was free. I was happy to avoid work, but to access my email one day, I had to pay 15 euro or go to the business center area. Our friends in town at other hotels had free internet. Still, we had a perfect stay and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We had a "superior" room and it was more than adequate for the two of us, with lots of lov...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelteamCT
Dear Guests,
Monica, Cristiano (the breakfast Chef), the Concierges & Bellboys and all the St. Regis team join me in expressing our sincere appreciation for your rewarding comments. Thank you for mentioning the internet access, allowing me to highlight that from last week, the St. Regis hotel provides complimentary wi-fi access in our public areas. We are pleased that we could contribute to a memorable experience in the Eternal City and that you enjoyed Le Grand Bar not only for Breakfast but in the evening as well. With kindest regards,
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at the St. Regis with 2 kids, and based on our past experiences in Europe, we thought that the rooms were going to be extremely small. Actually, our room was extremely large for a hotel in Rome, with a large King bed, and we were able to get another small bed for one child. The bathroom was awesome, with both a bathtub and a shower. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and we always looked forward to going back to our hotel at night. We even got a welcoming gift of fresh fruit, and complimentary fruit and chocolate everyday. The room's AC worked perfectly, and we could control the temperature ourselves. Also, the hotel has an excellent location, in Republic Square, and all the taxi drivers knew how to get there. If you are willing to pay the expensive price, then it is absolutely worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank WiseTravelingGeek
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time in the Eternal City as much as your stay at our hotel. For your future travels to Rome, allow us to invite you to consider our family package, accessible through our website together with regular updated offers, to take advantage of special conditions and benefits for you and for your beloved ones.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the St. Regis on New Years Eve and a few days following that. I really enjoyed my time at the hotel.

Staff: Perfect and very helpful. Provided very good recommendations for places to visit and where to eat. In addition, my boyfriend wanted to surprise me and the hotel kindly helped him arrange for rose petals on the bed, and balloons in the room. I was so surprised when I got into the room. I was initially super tired from the long flight, but seeing the room immediately put me back into good mood and was a very good start of my week long vacation in Italy.

Location: Very conveniently located. It's only a 5 min walk from the train station, and about 15 min walk to the fountain and spanish steps. Short taxi ride away from most attractions.

Room: Clean and well decorated. On the first night (new years eve), we got a room that overlooked the square, so we were able to see the fireworks from the windows in our room. We left Rome for a few days to travel to Florence, and when we returned, they upgraded us to a nice suite on the other side of the hotel. I didn't think that I would be able to stay in such a big hotel room in Europe. The walk in closet, and a very nice B&O TV was a bonus for me.

Room Tip: You will get extra good service if you are platinium or gold SPG status
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmmmay
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback and feelings about your stay at the St. Regis Hotel. We are delighted that you and your boyfriend enjoyed a romantic stay and appreciated the little touches we arranged for you and they contributed to create some happy memories for you to treasure. We look forward to your return visit; it will be our privilege to realize other memorable experiences, exclusively for you.
Best wishes,

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of my trip. Upon check-in, the front desk staff was prompt, polite and efficient.

The hotel looks like it is from a totally different era. The decor probably hasn't changed in a hundred years, and the room decor probably hasn't either. I prefer a more modern style, but was not put off by the decor. The room was rather small, but functional. It was quite noisy since it was facing the street, and the hotel is in an area that gets a lot of traffic. The noise wouldn't have bothered me if the A/C worked a bit better, but I had to open the window a bit just to cool down.

I ordered room service twice while there, and I must say that this was some f the tastiest room service food I ever had. I had grilled seafood with some tortellini one night, and it was great. The tortellini was so good that I had it again the next night. I ordered dessert the first night, but because they brought some really good, complimentary cookies too, I didn't order dessert the next night.

I had a room that would have come with butler service, but didn't know how to use it and didn't need it anyway,

If you are looking for an old-school hotel with good service and a central location, you will probably like ths hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Poopycat
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your feelings about the St. Regis Rome on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the tortellini, only one of the local specialties that our Executive Chef has selected for the dedicated In Room dining menu. We appreciate your recognition and will share it with the Food & Beverage team.
You are right, the hotel was opened 1894 by the famous César Ritz and hosted significant historical events over the last decades. As an iconic landmark, we are proud of the history and heritage the St. Regis Rome has to offer, trying to adapt to the demands of modern technology while keeping the captivating tradition of this timeless hotel.
We hope you will have the opportunity to experience the exceptional service of our Butlers, upon your future stay in one of our Imperial Rooms or Suites. Trained in the English tradition, the Butler answers your exclusive wishes, from a personal wakeup service with complimentary coffee, to packing and unpacking of your luggage or garments pressing and will act as your personal assistant throughout your entire stay.
Kindest Regards,