All reviews fourth floor vatican city hotel is located recommend this hotel to anyone very nice hotel minute walk metro station visit to rome neighborhood attractions map piazza
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I rarely write reviews but had to. My husband and I went to Italy in April and stayed here. I loved it! We went to Venice Florence and Rome and by far this was the best hotel out of them all. I upgraded through the site to the room 409 and it was very affordable. I’m so glad I did. It wasn’t much more and the staff is awesome. We live in California and it was our first time to Europe so naturally we had questions. They gave great advice and were overly helpful, they even went so far as to grab my husband a yogurt and a cappuccino even after he slept in after the breakfast time. After staying in a small hotel in Venice and Florence I was totally wowed to walk into this room with the living room big hallway and huge bedroom with a big comfy bed and beautiful view. I had a general idea of where to go in around but they took out a map and gave me point by point directions on English. It was so awesome. This was our first vacation without the kids (6yr old and 10) so we were excited to get away. The entire trip was exhausting but 9 days in Italy and trying to see the sites usually is. But this being the last bed and breakfast we stayed at made our trip, honestly were just regular people and being treated so nicely was great. I want to thank the staff for their hard work and the excellent experience, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I wish I could remember the guy and gals name!! Anyway Book this place! If your like me and read reviews this is an honest first hand experience. If I ever come back to Rome I will definitely stay here. I will try and upload pictures once I get them off my other phone

1  Thank cbartee84
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

When we got to the hotel I was lost because it was just a wooden door with no signs of a typical hotel, we rang the bell and it happened to be in the 4th floor pretty funny so we took the elevator and a guy greeted us so nice by the way got us checked in and gave us some information of some of the places nearby and walked us to the room it was really nice and spacious gave us key for the front door. The Vatican is really close probably like a 10min walk . The neighborhood is calm but once we start walking more towards the Vatican there is a lot of stores and restaurants. Metro station is a 5 min walk. I loved it and also complimentary breakfast and mini bar!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I stayed at this hotel for one night a part of a work visit to Rome. It was great, nicely decorated, surprisingly quiet considering the location, which was convenient for visiting various bits of Rome, especially the Vatican. BUT it’s really hard to find. The hotel is on the second floor and there isn’t much to tell you it’s there at ground level. Be aware that there is a guest house with almost the same name, in the same large appartment block, only round the corner, and taxi drivers may insist they are in fact the same place. So I got very confused and lost. The two places are so close that google maps is no help either. Add to this I arrived at lunchtime and nobody was answering the phones at either hotel and things got a bit stressful. However, the travel agent in the UK made the connection for me, and all ended well. The staff at the hotel were great, and really helpful when I finally got there! If you haven’t been before, I’d suggest calling ahead to get directions. Anyways despite all that I’d go again.

Room Tip: Call ahead to check you know the location- it’s hard to find
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The staff is warm, friendly, and knowledgeable. The Vatican is a 5 minute walk, and the Spanish Steps and Pantheon were both a 20 minute walk. The neighborhood is quiet, and there are plenty of yummy restaurants right there. The metro station is super convenient, and takes you right to Colosseum.

Based on location alone, this hotel would have gotten 5 stars from me, but we had a few issues. Unless you get up at 6 am, there was no hot water for a shower. The way the shower is set up, it is impossible to not to get water everywhere, and there was a lot of mold in the shower. There is not a laundry service, or cash services either.

** I am not a well traveled American, so this point could be moot; but the pillows were awful. They were flat and hard, and substitute pillows were not an option. **

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Stayed 3 days on the second leg of trip from US. This place is in a great Roma neighborhood with cafes, trattorias, shopping, and more. Highly recommended! Rooms were immaculate! Would definitely come back!