“Good location, nice hotel”

Casa Di Santa Francesca Romana
Ranked #163 of 1,150 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Trastavere is a great location in Rome, we liked the atmosphere. There are plenty nice restaurants and a bakery nearby. We enjoyed the hotel, the breakfast (for Italian standards it was rich) and the nice patio.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nelleke D

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just finished our stay. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. The room was small and somewhat spartan, very clean. The location was great. Paid 129 Euros per night plus room tax. Breakfast included and was good, but the selection never changed and would get tedious after a week. Probably not the best price around. Be sure to book the most popular nearby restaurants in advance even in early June; we never did manage to eat in one.
BUT
I booked partially for the free Wifi. Only "available" in a limited area around the lobby. Spent long and tedious minutes waiting for even Gmail to load. Several times had to give up even on that. Didn't seem to matter much what time of day I tried. Best to consider that wifi is effectively NOT available and book accordingly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I came to Rome for just one meeting on Friday, and stayed on until Sunday. I love Trastevere and I do know it inside out, and a friend pointed me to Casa di Santa Francesca. I have been to Rome many times, I used to come and teach here, so I almost always rented apartments in Trastevere. From now on, on short trips, I will always return to Casa di Santa Francesca. Very clean, although some people with think it is basic and rooms smallish, excellent staff, adequate breakfast, and location, location, location. So many restarurants and anything you may need just around the corner. The price is unbelievably affordable for Rome.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelcatcher
Reviewed 21 January 2013

With a group of 14 teenagers and 10 adults this was a great location; easy to get to everything and using almost any form of transport wanted. Rooms were clean, but way over-heated; we slept with the windows wide open each night in the middle of a very cold January. No tea mking facilities but staff very willing to boil you some water if you're desperate.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I booked early and paid 90 Euros/night for a single. When they lowered their rate, I could not get it. I wanted to stay in the Trastevere neighborhood (west of the Tiber River) and was intrigued by the photos of this hotel. I enjoyed my four nights there, but drawbacks existed. I was disappointed by a lack of view from the balcony. My room was on the third floor and the WiFi didn't reach that far, so I had to go to the ground floor lounge to use it. The TV was a mystery; needing two remotes to operate. Three of their staff to got it to work; but with CNN my only option, and I do like to watch the weather on the local channels in the morning. On the plus side, the staff were fabulous and helpful (!), the room quiet, the breakfast enjoyable and filling. Breakfast included Rosette rolls, made only in Rome, fluffy inside, crusty outside, butter, jam, lunch meat, cheese, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit. The big screen TV in the breakfast room had a local channel with the weather. The heated towel bar in the bathroom cranked out the heat, making it very comfortable. The hotel is in a pedestrian zone; it's a short walk to public transportation.

Room Tip: No WiFi on the third floor, if that's important to you.