“Meh....”

Ranked #3,771 of 13,062 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

The owner of our apartment recommended this restaurant. It was our first visit to Rome so we trusted local knowledge. It was ok. Most of the pasta dishes were not available which was disappointing, and the past dish I did end up with tasted like tinned spaghetti. Wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic!!!!! Not a touristic trap so so good !!! The pizza and the crust is incredible. The service great!!

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Our apartment owner recommended eating at Nuovo Canestro, so we went the first night we were in town. We didn't-and wouldn't-go back again.

In the first place, half of what we ordered was not available. I wanted spaghetti caccio e peppe, and the owner told me, "NO. This..." and gave me spaghetti amatriciana. Two of the others ordered pasta with shrimp, and they had a hard time finding shrimp in the dish. The only good thing was a seafood dish one of the men ordered.

We left with not a great feeling. The next night we went to a place around the corner where the owner was nice and they had everything on the menu.

1  Thank Moonette
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We were tipped off by the guy at the front desk to go to this place when we said we wanted Italian food but we where kind of disappointed.
I ordered pasta with bacon and my gf pizza but it was not what we anticipated. The pasta had almost no bacon, the portion was very small and it tasted of oil and the grated parmesan cheese. On the plus side, the pasta had that "al dente" feeling you'd expect from Italian pasta.
The pizza was wafer thin, burnt in the edges and was very dry as they had skimped on the cheese. It wasn't bad, but not so good that you'd expect from a pizza in "the land of the pizza".
We didn't try any of the main courses, maybe they're better but I wouldn't net on it.
All in all - it works if you want to stuff your belly, but don't go here for the culinary experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

My napolitan friend told me about this place and I decided to try it.

Unfortunatelly It wasn´t a nice experience. About the food I didn t notice any special taste at least what I could eat. The manager or owner, I don t know, was very rude since we arrived. They don´t have menu so this manager started to talk everything they got in that evening. Beyond this I noticed the place wasn´t so clean for a retaurant.

Anyway we decided to pay and leave the place even before the rest of the meal. Of course, he charged everything. Bad experience and bad for Rome.

4  Thank gilcarlo