“Top location and food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the food and the good wine list, service is perfect but the location is unique in the world. Breathtaking...

3  Thank Pietro_U
Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience for our last night in Rome! OK, it is very expensive. But the total experience was definitely worth it, in our opinion. First of all, the ambience and view are extraordinary. It’s small, and each table has a beautiful view of the Coliseum. The service is impeccable, efficient and pleasant. The food was wonderful—especially the tagliatelle with duck and the caponata appetizer—and we were overwhelmed by the number (and quality) of amuse-bouches/chef’s treats that appeared on our table, from start to finish (even after dessert). The atmosphere was relaxed and romantic—a perfect expression of the best of Italy. Enjoy!

3  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We booked our stay months back. Being from the west coast of the United States I waited till 4am to book what I thought would be an amazing experience after asking my girlfriend to marry me. Barely 24 hours to go and I get an email saying that there was a “booking error” and that they wouldn’t be able to serve us the next night and offering to make a reservation at a different restaurant. 24 hours before yet it was a booking error on a reservation made months prior? Unacceptable. I’ve eaten at some of the finest restaraunts around the world including Central in Lima and i think we all know what happened; they bumped us off their list for a more high profile client. So beware, book the reservation months in advance and they might have the audacity to bump you a day before. Literally the worst experience ever for a restaurant and all they did to remedy the situation was offer to book a reservation at a different restaurant. Oh, and after the initial email, when I wrote back upset but respectfully to try and maybe push us to a different night, they didn’t even bother emailing me back. What a joke.

If this is how they treat potential customers, don’t be surprised when they lose their single Michelin Star.

4  Thank MattC4508
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Ristorante Aroma at Palazzo Manfredi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Mr Matt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with our restaurant.

We genuinely value your feedback and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please be informed that such issue, due to a new booking system, was related to an overbooking situation and not to a selection of higher guests profile. Certainly does not reflect the standards for in which we pride ourselve​s on here at AROMA.

I have also checked and see that a reply was sent to your second email.

I'd like to investigate any negative notes to improve what we do today with passion and dedication.

Please do contact us should you wish to discuss this situation further.

With regards,

The Management

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This was our last dinner in Rome. Our first impression was good with an excellent view of the Colosseum at night. However, before we had finished our first course a couple with a young baby and large stroller were seated beside us. The baby fussed throughout the meal controlled somewhat by the parents. While the food and service was of a high standard it certainly diminished the evening’s enjoyment. I am astonished a restaurant charging upwards of 300 euros would allow such a booking. I have reduced my rating as a result.

4  Thank VicH743
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We were advised to book for breakfast as the view is spectacular, so we did. It was our final day in Rome, our final day of a two month European trip. Aroma did not disappoint. The view was amazing, the food was great and staff very friendly, helpful and accommodating. They offer a €30 buffet, which includes a variety of hot meals, pastries, cold selections, fresh fruit and various teas & coffees. Need to book in advanced vis their website. We booked in July for late September. A very special way to enjoy the Colosseum.