Albergo del Senato
Pantheon Relais(Rome)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
3,775 results
All reviewsrooftop barpiazza della rotundaroom overlooking the pantheonperfect locationstreet performersfront desk stafftrevi fountainwithin walking distancewonderful hotelspanish stepstaxi standturn down servicewalked everywhereloved this hotelpastriesbottle of proseccotrip to rome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We recently returned from an 8 night stay at the Albergo del Senato and could not have been more pleased. To begin with, the location is absolutely ideal. We were able to walk to all of the sites we wanted to see. The area is full of quaint eating establishments and small grocers are nearby if you wish to collect items for a picnic (not to mention the market at Campo di Fiori an easy walk away).
The staff of the hotel is most congenial and professional. They assisted us with making restaurant reservations for a 50th birthday celebration and surprised us with a complementary bottle of champagne back at the hotel. Our room was the best we've had in our extensive travels in Europe. It was comprised of a sitting area with small table and a separate bedroom. The bathroom was quite large by European standards, easily accommodating the 2 of us. But certainly the best thing about the room were the 2 windows that opened to an amazing view of the Pantheon and Piazza della Rotonda. There is a lot of activity in the piazza until the wee hours but we found closing the windows reduced the noise to quite satisfactory levels. However, we rarely closed the windows. We live in a small town on a lake and enjoy peacefulness and solitude, but "When in Rome......." we enjoyed the vibrancy of the piazza and feeling more a part of the city.
The breakfast served is an excellent start to the day. The staff is very efficient bringing hot drinks to the table and always keeping the food replenished so choices were never limited. The cleanliness of the hotel, from common areas to rooms, was impeccable. The front desk staff were always cheerful and efficient, greeting us each day as we returned from our touring and making us feel at home.
Another feature of the hotel that we enjoyed was the roof-top terrace. This was open during our stay although the accompanying bar was not. We spent a very relaxing evening up there watching the sun go down and the lights flicker on in the piazza below while sipping wine and eating fresh bread, cheese and salami purchased at one of the nearby grocers.
If I had to come up with one quibble, it would be that the wireless internet connection in our room was not satisfactory and wouldn't allow us to connect. We were, however, able to connect in the common areas of the hotel. This was of little consequence to us as we were focused on experiencing Rome and, indeed, we did not even mention it to staff. It's possible there would have been an easy solution to that.
Given our experiences at the Albergo del Senato, and at a cost that we believe represents a very good value for what is received, we will definitely return on our next visit to Rome

Room Tip: The views from our room (102) were stunning
6  Thank ChinggisKhaan
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I took my husband here for the weekend for our anniversary in March 2012. I can say it is an absolutely wonderful place that lived up to every expectation.

Friendly, professional reception staff and maids, who all made us feel really welcome and at home.

Breakfast was classic continental with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere created by the lovely man hosting the breakfast room.

Bedrooms are classically decorated with all the mod-cons, spotlessly clean with amazing views.

On checkout we were informed by the lady on reception that they sometimes have deals on the room rates, so next time we will call ahead to check before we book. We will definitely be back and will recommend this hotel to everyone. Prices are reasonable for the location and exceptional high quality when we went in March, but the peak season prices are much higher. March was perfect temperature for walking round the city (I even got a bit of a pink nose sitting outside for a couple of hours!) so I would recommend avoiding peak season prices.

Room Tip: I think most rooms face the square but specify incase when you book. The rooms are silent when you close the windows so don't worry about noise.
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Our stay April 1-3, 2012 at the Albergo Senato was perfect! The location is the best, with the view from our window looking out over the Pantheon and Piazza della Rotonda, and the roof-top terrace providing a wonderful view of the city. We took a taxi from the convenient taxi stand in the Piazza to the Vatican; we were able to walk to all of our other sites. The hotel is spotless, the room was clean and roomy, and the breakfast excellent- with many choices. To top it off, the hotel staff (especially Alessandra) was unbelievably friendly, helpfull and professional. We will never stay any where else in Rome!

Room Tip: Reqeust a room on the front of the hotel; the noise from the crowds is worth the thrill of experiencing the direct view of the Pantehon and Piazza.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

When I first found Albergo Del Senato on the Trip Advisor listing it was down around number 8 or 10. Today it is #3, it could easily be #1. I’ve stayed in many high end hotels and never received such excellent service. The hotel Staff is very friendly and professional. Although the building is very old, which of course is part of the charm, everything was kept nice and clean. It is in the center of everything that tourists come to see, the view from the roof top is amazing. I encourage you to book well in advance as this Hotel in the future will boast - NO VACANCIES.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I recently returned from my 6th trip to Rome in as many years and after passing the Albergo del Senato many times, I finally decided to book a room here. I am very happy I did, I think this hotel is just terrific.

First, the location can't be beat for being in the center of the historic center of Rome. Most anything a visitor to Rome would want to see is either within walking distance, or if you're planning to use Rome's public transit system bus stops are very easy to get to.

Secondly, the staff if superior. Any request, including pre-arrival restaurant reservations, were accommodated quickly, efficiently and with a smile. Every staff member from the front desk, to the bellmen, to the housekeepers, and bartender were friendly, even putting up with attempts of my basic Italian language skills.

Although the room I had was not in the front of the hotel and had no view, the benefit to being located on the back side of the hotel was blessed quiet. I can't say if the room facing the Piazza della Rotonda are noisy, but it was nice to be able to sleep in a quiet spot.

I was happily surprised at the size of the double (twin bedded) room, based on my previous European hotel experiences, this room and bathroom were extraordinarily spacious. And the room was immaculately clean.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel in Rome.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family