All reviews peter's square rooftop terrace private entrance small kitchenette papal audience walk in closet around the corner coffee maker perfect location deluxe room sistine chapel small lift minute walk a stones throw visit rome again hop on hop off bus our honeymoon
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Rome was the first leg of our three-week tour of Italy. Since we were only staying in the city for two nights (we had been there before and were just using it as a jumping-off point from the airport), we decided not to book anything too fancy. I focused more on location.

First of all, it's somewhat strange that the hotel doesn't have an entrance and you have to enter through a souvenir shop. However, the employees were very nice and friendly during check-in.

There was nothing wrong with this hotel. The only reason I am giving it three stars rather than a higher rating is because the room we stayed in our first night was very small, and that was not what I had booked. I booked the "Deluxe Double" for both nights. I was told upon checking in that after our first night, we would be moved to a larger room. However, at no point did anyone inform us that the room we stayed in on the first night was NOT a Deluxe Double - I initially thought it was, and that we were just being upgraded our second night. The room we were moved into the second night was larger and much more acceptable and again, due to a lack of understanding, I thought this was an upgrade. No - it was the Deluxe Double. Only in retrospect and after looking at pictures on TripAdvisor and the hotel's website did I realize we were put in a "standard" room the first night, and put into a Deluxe Double on the second night. Yet, we were charged the rate of a Deluxe Double the first night, when clearly that is not what we stayed in. There was actually quite a difference in quality between the room that we stayed in the first night and second night. Disappointing.

Again, the staff were friendly and helpful. There was no breakfast except some dry biscuits in the room - luckily there are cafes with wonderful pastries just down the street from the hotel. The roof has a nice patio with a view of the Vatican.

Stay here for the location.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah Z
Reviewed 18 February 2016

First time taking my Mother to Rome to see the Vatican and sights of this beautiful city. Our stay here at the Vatican View hotel allowed us through its convenient location but more importantly the staff and the service made our stay feel so welcome and enjoyable.
I would highly recommend this boutique hotel...............Eleni

Room Tip: all rooms are suitable
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2016

We stayed for 3 nights. Great location, very nice, modern and clean. My birthday weekend so they surprised us by doing the room up with balloons and chocolate, which was a nice touch. Having St.Peters square 2 mins from your doorstop is quite incredible.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Travelled with my partner. First time in Rome and it was a great hotel and great location.
Location: 1min walk to The Vatican, although this hotel is not exactly "central", it was great, lots of shops and restaurants within minute walk. You can get bus passes to get around anyway.
Staff: Very nice and helpful. Made to feel very welcome and relaxed.
Rooms: You have a key for the main front door and your room key. You have to lock your room manually, i nearly walked away after just closing the door behind me. Very nice rooms with everything you need. Large bathroom with bath and wet room shower. We had a deluxe room and by all accounts is well worth the extra. Rooms were made up daily.
Food: N/A. But lots of restaurants near by.

All in all i would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016

In April of 2015, we stayed for 5 nights at the Relais Vatican View in Rome while enroute to the Exposition of the Holy Shroud in Turin. The location was PERFECT as we were in Rome mainly for the Vatican (we had tickets for the Papal General Audience and a pre-booked tour of the Vatican Gardens and the Necropolis). We also had tickets for the Galleria Borghese but we missed our appointed time …the hotel personnel graciously telephoned the Borghese Galleria and we were granted use of the tickets for a later time that day. The room was a bit tight but very well furnished with a modern bathroom and upscale toiletries. Bottled water was provided daily as were breakfast pastries. All in all, a very pleasing stay in Rome.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family