All reviews gay street the cafe downstairs great location rooms were cleaned no elevator yogurt coffee machine continental breakfast great place to stay sight seeing around the corner colosseum noise metro earplugs nutella sights
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Nice rooms, quite spacious with a simple bathroom with Shower. Location is ideal for travelling and sightseeing around Rome, directly opposite the Colusseum, which provided a wonderful view when eating in the cafe downstairs. We used it as a base while visiting, so the room was more than sufficient. Breakfast was continental, served in the cafe downstairs, with tasty pastries and plenty of strong coffee! Staff were great, whether is was a coffee, beer, lunch or evening meal and all was good too!
Will be back again to Rome as we did not see it all and would stay here again!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms were at the back, nice and quiet, but not a good view outside
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my mum for a city break in January 2017.
Room wasn't ready on arrival but luggage was kept there and we went sightseeing and for lunch, on return room was ready.
However it took us a while to find the manager as the reception desk is not always manned as it is a small b&b. So we were left sitting on the stairs waiting for about 20 minutes. Manager Andrea however was friendly and helpful in all other aspects.

On initially check in room was modern and clean and spacious with a safe, coffee machine, fridge, plenty of clean towels.
Daily maid service with clean towels.
Only negative about room was some noise from the downstairs bars on our final night (Thursday night) which some people would find difficult to sleep through.
Also there was a strong 'drain smell' in the bathroom on our second and third days - we had to keep the bathroom windows open.

Breakfast was provided in the downstairs bar, very basic and come in a picnic basket with no choice. Wasn't the best, but was acceptable.

Location was superb. Right beside the colosseum, near the train station and stops for the Big Bus tours.

Overall the stay was average, reasonably comfortable and location was good.
I think I would choose somewhere else to stay on my next trip to Rome.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I have celebrated my new year at the "B&B second floor"
And I had so much fun,
Beautiful rooms , amazing view , great breakfast and company,
The workers there are so professional and kind
I will book this hotel again for sure!!!
Adi&Guy❤️

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This boutique B&B is perfectly located besides the Colosseum and hence well connected to buses and the metro. Rooms are eclectic and modern, which is an interesting contrast to the outside of the building.

It should be noted that the reception area is extremely small (just a reception desk), which is physically not manned at night. The manager is extremely friendly and helpful and is a phone call away if needed in the night. Guests need to be responsible to lock the main doors behind them. Like most hotels in Rome, here too there is also no elevator. My room was located on the first floor and therefore not a difficult climb.

The rooms are located over a couple of busy bars, but my room faced an inside courtyard and the windows seemed to be soundproof as well. I was disturbed a couple of times by other guests in the foyer area as they entered & left their rooms.

Room Tip: Do try and choose a room that doesn't face the main road as it could be noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The website looks amazing and although this place has some good reviews, sadly I cannot rate this accommodation good. I emailed beforehand and asked about airport transfers and had no reply. Upon arrival, the manager was very nice and welcoming but that was the only good part about the stay. The room wasn’t good at all. Broken shelf in the bathroom, water temperature kept changing; the wifi was not even available most of the time and when it did work it kept dropping. The bed was the worst part. It was so noisy, squeaky and clonked when you moved. There is no mini bar or room service as the hotel suggests and no staff on a Sunday. We had to check out via the café below. It is very noisy at night. I sadly would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple