“Amazing wooden toy shop - straight out of Pinocchio” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bortolucci

Bortolucci
Ranked #25 of 416 Shopping in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: I can send you some pictures if you want.It has the most amazing hand-made woodwork shop that I've seen
Brookline, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing wooden toy shop - straight out of Pinocchio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I felt like I stepped into another world when I walked into this shop, my husband by my side and awe-struck 2-year-old daughter in my arms. The walls are covered with beautiful handmade wooden children's clocks, with adorable little tickers rocking from side to side at the bottom of each. The wall looked alive with wood! The rest of the shop was filled with wooden toys of all shapes and sizes, from a giant pinocchio to mini bells with wooden animal figurines for handles. I've never seen such high quality, unique wooden toys before. I should also note I hadn't sought this place out at all - I didn't even know it existed. We stumbled upon it after taking a wrong turn on a walk back to our hotel from dinner. I'm so glad we did.

Visited March 2013

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fun shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

It has the feel of Olde World craftsmenship and is a good stop to find gifts for the kids (from inexpensive novelties to very expensive - for the BIG kids). A little difficult to find without a street #. Once on via di Pastini, it is on the south side as far east as you can go, tucked in a corner. Have fun!

Visited February 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Cute shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Worth a visit .. So much to see ... Amazing! Brought home some cute pencils fir some little girls I know.. They loved them!

1 Thank wiggygailTX
Manila, Philippines
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Wonderful store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

This store looked like it sprang out from a storybook in the middle of the cobblestoned street of Rome. The wooden toys and displays were made by hand and you can even have a pinocchio custom made in front of you. A funny thing is that the store owner looked like Geppetto himself. He was also very warm and friendly even though it didn't seem like it at first.

I bought a mini pinocchio and a musical turtle clock from here. They were tagged with a Bortolucci-made-in-italy paper and packaged in two separate boxes. Then, the boxes were put in a beautiful paper bag printed with a watercolored pinocchio image. I felt like an 8 year old girl who just bought her first new doll. It was an amazing store to see in the middle of all things Rome. It's just a few steps from the Pantheon.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Jouie K
Lisbon, Portugal
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 373 helpful votes
“What a Surprise!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

We saw this store just because we were passing by, it was pure luck!!!
It was marvelous, it look like the movie! The guy working, all the woodwork stuff … damn … I felt some kind of magic aura inside the store … it’s a DON’T MISS IT sightsee!!!!

3 Thank Selloy