City Sightseeing Rome

from USD 144.60
from USD 19.70
from USD 26.60
1,591 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed yesterday

We booked 48 hours tickets for the hop on hop off bus prior to leaving the UK as an efficient way of getting us around the city while also seeing the sights. How very wrong we were. Firstly the stops are very difficult to locate,we waited over 40 minutes for a bus which then terminated after just a quarter of the tour, we then had to wait again to get another bus to take us back so that we were not stranded. The buses ran so infrequently there were unable to take the long queues of people waiting at the stops. I would strongly recommend avoiding the Red Bus Sightseeingtour & opting for one of the other companies or using the metro.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Avoid the red “sight seeing Roma” hop on hop off bus!
It is a bit cheaper but their run time is the worst, wait time was 40 minutes!
We were waiting at the Vatican stop for the red bus while the “Big Bus” and every other company came through 2 or 3 times.
Not happy with their service at all.

2  Thank 576LRG
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We purchased the two-day pass directly from the vendor at the termini station stop. There are appx 8 stops on the trip, stopping near most of Rome's famous sites. You will still have to walk a lot, so just remember that. This was our 7th time visiting Rome, and taking this bus tour really helped us understand the layout of the city.

1  Thank dianaa190
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We took the hoho bus for a ride around Rome. Very good and so much to see. Very good timing with their buses, you don’t have to wait long. The staff are very helpful and make people wait in line. They tell people to get back if they try to push in. I found that so good coming from Australia I hate it when people try to push in. So a big thumbs up to the staff very good.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We wanted to do a hop-on/hop-off tour of Rome. We found these guys online and bought a voucher. It turned out to be a reseller based in India. The reseller did not send us any maps or instructions on where to go or how to use the service. Three international phone calls later, the guy in India was able to point us in the right direction. My advice is to avoid resellers and buy direct from the vendors on the street. At the Trevi fountain we asked for directions from one of the guys on Segways.
He told us we needed to walk four blocks to catch the bus. Once we were on board, the hosts were very good. The audio narration is just OK - we've had much better in other cities. Another thing to know is that you;re going to do a lot of walking. The bus drops you off some distance from the tourist hotspots. That's somewhat understandable as Rome is an ancient city and the big busses can't get too close.

2  Thank Frank B
Reviewed 1 week ago

I had been to Rome with my family in the past and we found the double decker bus to be a great way to get an introduction to the city and get from place to place. This time I brought my elderly mother for her dream trip to Italy and was extremely disappointed with the lack of order when waiting to board a bus. For starters, I blame the rude, selfish tourists. But knowing this will always be an issue, I feel the bus company should provide an orderly line system, keeping it 'fair' and more importantly, safe for those with mobility issues. We were nearly knocked down by folks from the back trying to board the bus first. People crowd the entrance when the bus arrives as opposed to boarding from a single line. This was so very frustrating. Due to this, most times we were last to get on the bus (however, NOT last to arrive to wait for the bus) and there were no seats left in the lower section so my mother had to try to climb the stairs to the top.
Since we cannot rely on tourists to be polite and considerate, we should be able to rely on the bus companies to provide a safe, orderly system with attention to provisions for mobility impaired riders.
Lastly - based upon my investigations, this is the only bus line that does not stop closer to Trevi Fountain. We made a bad choice since that forced a much longer, uphill walk to the bus. Try to find the bus routes before you choose your bus line. I had trouble doing so...until I bought tickets. Then it was too late.

cruise ship.

Our travel agent secured this for us, thinking it was the same as the Vaporetto service on the island. IT IS NOT.

This leaves from the entry point and picks up passengers from 2 or 3 cruise ship docks and then drops at St Mark's Square and then goes on to visit Murano Island. There was NO audioguide or anything. It was a total waste of our money.

We redeemed it by using it one morning to quickly get from our hotel at the north end of the island to St. Mark's Square quickly. We could have easily bought 2 $7.50 tickets on the Vaporetto though, and saved money. It would also have saved the trip to find their INCREDIBLY hard to find ticket office at the train station.

Don't waste your time and money. Study the Vaporetto system. Line 1 is the 40 minute trek down the Grand Canal, while Line 2 is a 25 minute trek, stopping at fewer stops.

1  Thank AngieAvers
Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and my wife are avid car fanatics and when in Rome as they say or in ths case Turin we had to go to the National Automobile Museum - this was excellent vaue for money - superb collection of cars - great history of cars - woud have liked to have seen some homage to the file the "Italian Job" which was based in Turin - misisng out on a trick I think - 3 Mini Coopers woud have looked great in there. All in all a great experience

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We usually do a full circuit on this bus and then go round again getting on/off at the stops along the way. Really good value for money & location of first departure is just down from the Termini. Have been on this bus at night as well. Would definitely use City Sightseeing Roma again.

3  Thank Melanie19672014
Reviewed 1 week ago

We did the full routes within our 24 hour ticket time and really enjoyed seeing the Piazzale Michelangelo with stunning views over Florence, driving through the homes on the edge of town and visiting Fiesole (a bucket list place for me). Staff seemed friendly but very busy.
We did find the ticket sellers hard to find and there could have been some more bus stops, but overall it was good.