“Great Place”
Review of Ancient Rome B&B

Ancient Rome B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ancient Rome B&B
Ranked #2,303 of 3,693 Rome B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Place”
Reviewed 10 January 2011

good location, good value, comfortable clean rooms, kind and knowledgable manager. My wife and I stayed here recently and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 3 October 2010

My wife and I stayed 20-25 Sept, 2010. Francesco is very nice and willing to help out with room comfort, directions and out of the way eateries where you won't get ripped off as a tourist. He has a very nice family and it was a very relaxed family atmosphere. Location couldn't be any better for touring all the sights in Roma. 10 minute walk to the Coloseum/Forum. We walked from Termini Station to the B & B, 15 minutes, very easy walk. My wife and I are big walkers, so we walked to 95% of the sights. The only sight we took a bus to, was the Vatican, it's across the river. We loved the location! Comfortable room, w/own bathroom & A/C. We thought it was quiet, comfortable and served us well. The bed is firm, but was designed that way, everything was clean and had fresh towels everyday. I would stay again if I visit Roma!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This place was great. We had already been sent an email with directions to the place by bus and metro, with specific instructions for cab drivers and a picture of the front door so we could find it if we missed finding the street number. Francesco wouldn't let us carry a single piece of luggage to our rooms. We found out he gave us a triple for the price of a double, because "you are staying for more than a few days and I wanted you to have more room". Breakfast was served to us in our room for the entire stay. When I said something to my wife about the strong coffee, the next day my coffee had more milk in it. When I mentioned that I like strong coffee (again to my wife, not to him, who I didn't even think was in earshot), the next day the coffee and milk were served in separate containers. He went into the attic to pull down one of the fans stored for the winter, because I had mentioned that I have trouble falling asleep without some kind of background noise in the room. When I asked Francesco whether there was a taxi strike (I had gotten an email saying our shuttle to the airport was canceled), he called a friend of his to drive us to the airport. He even offered to go with me to the supermarket across the street to help me find the best cheeses to try and take home. The hosts were so helpful and friendly that my wife friended them on FaceBook and we've invited them to our house the next time they visit the US.

The triple was spacious, and the double we stayed in later in the week was roomy enough (we spent a few days in Pompei, and they held our luggage until we came back). Both rooms were quiet, though you'd hear some background/moving around noises in the middle of the day (primarily because it was so quiet that you could hear minor sounds like footfalls and dishes being picked up). There was no need to bring soap or large towels as they often advise for trips to Rome. The location couldn't be beat; about a 10 minute walk from the Forum and Colosseum, and less than two blocks away from Via Nationale, lots of shopping and two major bus stops. There's a grocery store right across the street and 8 restaurants less than a block away. The breakfast nook has a shared refrigerator and microwave for dinner leftovers, and they have a wireless router for free wifi. There are at least 5 rooms on the ground floor, so we never climbed more than a few stairs.

If you have questions, you can contact the hosts; they're very good at responding to email. Very inexpensive by Rome standards (€80 a night, second week of March 2010), and we enjoyed our stay there much more than a higher-rated and brand new hotel we stayed in at Pompei for about the same price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Constanta
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The room was clean and carefully prepared for guests, the host is a warm person, ready to help if necessary. We felt hospitality in there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ConstantaConstanta
Samsø
Reviewed 17 April 2010

It is a small B&B with few rooms and therefore the attention you get is fabulous. The staff speaks fluent english, french and of cours italian. You get all the help you want. The rooms are good, clean and well equipped. It is a very good place in Rome, in the middle of everything.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple