Babuino 181
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 273*
USD 714*
USD 479*
Hotels.com
1,064 results
All reviewsspanish stepsclassic suiteboutique hotelgreat locationnespresso machinepiazza del popolorooftop terracede russiedeluxe roommain buildingheart of romewithin walking distancerooms are largevilla borghesesister hotelspecial thankssmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed at Babuino 181 with my Wife for our Chinese new year holiday for 2012. We stayed for 4 night and 3 days.

On the first night when we arrived the concierge reccomended us a local restaurant to eat, it was great and after a long day's travel gave us a wonderful first impression of Italy.

When we returned to our Room the TV was not working, so I called the concierge they repaired the fault within 20 minutes, however after the repair during the night the Sky box that was fixed fell from its mounting onto the desk below the tv hitting the top lid of my apple MacBook and cracking the screen.

After a quick discussion with the concierge in the morning I was surprised when the very friendly manager turned up almost immediately and took my laptop for repair!

Within 24 hours they had taken my laptop to repair at Apple Rome and replaced the screen. I was impressed to say the least and now I understand why they are number 4 on trip advisor. In my opinion they should be number 1.

Breakfast was included in our room, and when my wife wanted a banana which didn't come with the Anerican Breakfast the hotel brought us a entire fruit basket!

On leaving the hotel the hotel arranged a Mercedes car service for us at a very reasonable price, I checked several local taxi providers and €60 was very reasonable, as a regular taxi probably would have cost the same because we left at rush hour to the airport.

In all I cannot fault this hotel.

Next time in Rome I will stay again.

Thanking you for the great stay and fantastic service.

Paul Singleton

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Pikotw888
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I've been there last november with my wife and it was a good experience, the room was large and it was very clean, it was only a little bit too noisy!
Breakfast was served in the room every morning, it was not a big breakfast but still good!!
Then, great location, great room, good breakfast, noisy sleep, high price!

Room Tip: don't choose a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank john r
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is a wonderful boutique hotel right in the heart of Rome. The rooms are modern and tastefully decorated with all the modern conveniences in a historic setting. The service is professional, the staff are warm and helpful. Breakfast is served either in your bedroom or a cosy living room on the first floor. The whole feel is elegant and tranquil, yet you are on the doorstep of the hustle and bustle of Rome. I would recommend the Babuino without any hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank OSHENNIB
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Although this hotel has outstanding service, great breakfast and it is very clean the main atractive is the excellent location near major atractions and the metro, they will go out of their way to help you if you need; I would highly recomend it. Enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank gabymassiel
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stay nowhere else in Rome. My family stayed here for 10 great nights in two rooms from January 2 to 12th. Chose hotel based on reviews and we were not sorry. Restaurants are everywhere and the staff will make recommendations and reservations for you, just ask. Very convenient to shopping in Spanish steps area, and yet walkable to the Vatican if you choose. Coliseum probably a bit too far. Nice thing is you are next to Piazza di Popolo which is a major taxi stand so getting to and from hotel area is easy. Rooms in the hotel are very comfortable. Yes there is street noise for those who overlook Via Babunio, but between 9pm and 7am it is pretty quiet, no problem sleeping. Nice to watch the street life in the morning on via Babuino. Courtyard rooms are completely quiet. Breakfasts are served in your room, which is nice because you can take your time getting ready while eating. The staff is happy to adjust your breakfast food selections to your needs (I asked for more oranges and I think they must have been picking them off the trees every morning…wow). Just to mention the Sky TV, since my son figured this out toward the end of our stay. There is a button on the controller that allows to you view the US programs in English rather than Italian). My sincere thanks to all the staff that made it a great visit for my wife and two boys. We hope to return very soon to a great hotel and town.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family