1,376 results
All reviews bus stop jacuzzi bath san giovanni bus takes tobacco shop main attractions modern hotel central station public transport around the corner reception staff min walk vatican city visit to rome pastries pigneto buses
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

It was our first time in Rome and we wanted somewhere spacious, quiet and away from the city centre so we booked a 1 bedroom junior suite at the Eurostars hotel for 4 nights. We were on the 2nd floor and we didn’t experience any of the train noises over reviews mentioned but we were told that the Junior suite is located on the other side which would explain it.

Hands down the best thing going for the hotel is its location, Bus and Tram stops right opposite the hotel. The great news is as of the 12th May 2018 the Green line C now connects with the other two lines that can get you into the city such and attractions such as the Colosseum and Vatican City. It means if you don’t like buses you can just use the metro to get around although it may take longer. The nearest station is Pigneto which is behind the hotel across the bridge (6 mins walk)
There are quite a few supermarkets and restaurants near the hotel; there is an Italian buffet place round the corner where the final price came to £20 for 2 buffets and 3 cocktails.

The room was quite spacious but slightly smaller then the pictures would have you believe. The room had what seemed like a 22 inch TV on the wall which was 22 feet away from the bed which made viewing difficult.
The staff were very polite throughout the stay, we asked if the mini bar could be cleared out so we could put our own drinks in and they were happy to oblige. We had an issue with the safe on day 2 and they sent someone to fix it but in the end had to be replaced. The junior suite comes with a kettle, tea, coffee and a biscuit but we only bothered with it on our last night.

Breakfast was good with lots of space in the dinning area so it never felt crowded; hot section included scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon and some type of home made bake beans. I felt they could have changed up the menu a bit as it became repetitive. On the last day we were informed by one of the mangers that we could request for the kitchen to cook us omelettes, I tried one and it was really good just a shame we were not told by the previous staff .

The biggest let down was the bathroom. The Jacuzzi doesn’t really work cos it’s shaped like a standard bathtub so when you turn on the whirlpool water goes all over the place and floods the bathroom. My wife is half my size and experienced the same issue. If the tub was circular then I imagine this wouldn’t have been such an issue. It was also impossible to get the shower to stay on warm; it would go from freezing cold to burning hot, so we often had to jump back and forth trying to time the heat.

I pride myself being on not being picky when it comes to beds but the bed here was so hard it felt like a chopping board. Maybe the junior suites don’t get used that often enough to break them in.

Lastly the night before we left one of my T-shirts went missing (first time this has ever happened at any hotel) we suspect the maids accidentally took it when they changed the bedsheets. We left word at reception during checkout and left my email asking to contact me should they find it. It’s been 2 weeks and I haven’t heard anything back….

Negative stuff aside we did enjoy our time there but that was mostly due the location and not having to be stuck in a tiny room in the City.

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank William C
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Had a really lovely experience at this hotel during my trip to Rome, the staff were very friendly and the hotel was very clean. Really happy with my experience and would definitely come again and stay here! Very close to public transport and a short walk from everything! Can’t wait to go back :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018

No ironing facilities, when I inquired i was told that there is a laundry service 24 hrs lead time. If you have a safety issue with ironing, then rather offer a room with a timer on the ironing for your guests to use.

no kettle in the room is totally unacceptable as i am a big tea drinker.

For the price i paid I would have at least expected a bottle water or a kettle with tea and coffee in my room. instead I got nothing.

The check-in was over 7 minutes and when i complained about the safe not working the staff attended to it immediately.

The metro is about a 10 minute walk, didnt feel safe walking to the hotel at all.

Room Tip: Not a place i would stay in
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018

We were here for 2 nights and took a quick nap to get over the jetlag on the first day and woke up with back pain: the next night didn’t fare much better. They have a decent gym and we got a nice balcony for our 2 twin bed room but not much of a view. Frankly, location of this hotel is very much out of the way of most attractions. There’s a bus stop nearby, but the train station isn’t very close if you were looking to take public transit. Overall would only recommend this hotel if you’re pressed for money and/or don’t mind being further away from the main city sights. I personally would not choose to stay here again and would recommend spending a bit extra for someplace closer to attractions.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank DoctorExplorer
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We chose this nice and cleaned hotel, very close to the center and a bus stop just crossing the road. Staff friendly and helpful serving a good breakfast.
Also a very peaceful place to get some rest...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple