“Excellent Service with a personal touch...”
Review of A View of Rome

A View of Rome
Ranked #20 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“Excellent Service with a personal touch...”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I give Livio the best grade for service. From the moment we arrived on his doorstep, he wanted to make sure we got the most of our trip. We were only there for a few days, arriving on a Saturday, so he made sure we knew what was happening, when and where. Each morning, over breakfast, he would ask what our plans were and give advice on what to do and where to eat in the area were were going to.
The location can't be much better. It's minutes walk away from the St. Peter's Square/Basilica. A few minutes the other direction to the metro. On a main road close to shopping, post office, bakery, and excellent restaurants.
The facility was very clean and quiet. There are only a few rooms, they all open to the breakfast area. Even though others were staying there, we did not know it until we met them at breakfast.
Overall, I felt very comfortable while we were there, like we were visiting with close friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the view of St. Peter's dome.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank WhirledAdventurers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Myself, my partner & my daughter stayed at A view of Rome for 2 nights prioir to boarding the ill-fated Costa Concordia. We had a wonderful time, the boys could not do enough for us and the service is excellant. The room we had looked out over the Vatican walls, with a lovely view. The room was very comfortable with a huge bed for us and a large single for my daughter, large bathroom with a wonderful shower ( not usual in Italy). The location is great and the boys made sure we could find our way around easily by public transport. I also have to say it was so beautiful that the emailed us after the ship sunk to see if we were okay and if they could help in any way, that is service for you.

Room Tip: They are all good :-)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank mickey65
Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at A View of Rome for 3 nights as a surprise for my wife's 30th.
Even before we arrived I was impressed with how helpful Daniele and Livio were with all my emails enquiring about things to do while we were there, booking us a transfer from the airport and countless other pieces of valuable information.
On arriving our car was waiting at the airport and Daniele greeted us at the front door on arrival. He was so friendly and showed us to our room before sitting down with us for a good half an hour giving us so much information about getting around on public transport, places to go, places to eat etc. He then recommended some places to eat and booked us tables plus tickets to some of the attractions which was invaluable and which you don't get at hotels!
The room was spotless and very comfortable with amazing views. The location is perfect being right next to the Vatican with easy transport links to other attractions.
Every morning Daniele or Livio were there to cook breakfast and help plan your days activities which again was a great help and much appreciated.
Nothing at all was too much trouble for the guys and I would urge anyone going to Rome to stay here as personally I believe it doesn't get better than this!
Thanks again to Daniele and Livio for making everything so easy and enjoyable. We will definitely return and stay at A View of Rome in the future.

Jon & Karen (England)

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Jpm147
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My Wife and I stayed at A View of Rome over the Christmas and New Year's period having picked this place through reading tripadvisor reviews and we were certainly not disappointed. The B&B is in an excellant location, just down the road from St Peter's Square and 5 mins from the Vatican Museum. Also very close to the Metro. The room was very comfortable and quiet and of course had a stunning view out towards the Vatican.

During our stay Livio and Daniele were the most helpful of hosts, giving us great advice everyday of what to see and do, nothing was too much trouble for them. They both had a great sense of humour, we enjoyed their company and conversation. They cooked great breakfasts, which we looked forward to every morning (fantastic omelettes and cappuccino!). Also their employee Louisa, who came in every morning was very friendly and cheerful and kept the sweets basket topped up because 'someone' was eating them all!!!

We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Rome!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank bren7740
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Thank you TripAdvisor! I found this amazing B&B on TripAdvisor and honestly, our trip to Rome would not have been the same without it. This B&B really is a view of Rome and you really do have a room with a view. Many times when traveling I've thought views don't matter but it was wonderful to go to wake up and go to bed viewing the Vatican. You are literally across the street!

I can't say enough good things about our hosts Livio and Daniele. They both took time to get to know us a travelers, finding out what we hoped to accomplish on our visit, and then set about helping us schedule and plan accordingly. The service was so customized. My husband and I enjoyed walking, buses and trains while we observed another guest wanting a personal tour with a driver. Daniele assisted each guest individually. Now that is customer service!

Each day we were asked to leave a note outside our room with the time we wanted breakfast set. It was great. At the precise hour of our requested breakfast we would arrive to find our coffee ready and individualized food service provided.

I can't say enough about A View of Rome. Everything about it made me feel like I was at home and with friends who were sharing the BEST VIEW in town with me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family