“The best place to stay when in Rome.”
Review of A View of Rome

A View of Rome
Ranked #18 of 3,722 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at A View of Rome for 3 nights as a surprise for my wife's 30th.
Even before we arrived I was impressed with how helpful Daniele and Livio were with all my emails enquiring about things to do while we were there, booking us a transfer from the airport and countless other pieces of valuable information.
On arriving our car was waiting at the airport and Daniele greeted us at the front door on arrival. He was so friendly and showed us to our room before sitting down with us for a good half an hour giving us so much information about getting around on public transport, places to go, places to eat etc. He then recommended some places to eat and booked us tables plus tickets to some of the attractions which was invaluable and which you don't get at hotels!
The room was spotless and very comfortable with amazing views. The location is perfect being right next to the Vatican with easy transport links to other attractions.
Every morning Daniele or Livio were there to cook breakfast and help plan your days activities which again was a great help and much appreciated.
Nothing at all was too much trouble for the guys and I would urge anyone going to Rome to stay here as personally I believe it doesn't get better than this!
Thanks again to Daniele and Livio for making everything so easy and enjoyable. We will definitely return and stay at A View of Rome in the future.

Jon & Karen (England)

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Jpm147

Reviewed 15 January 2012

My Wife and I stayed at A View of Rome over the Christmas and New Year's period having picked this place through reading tripadvisor reviews and we were certainly not disappointed. The B&B is in an excellant location, just down the road from St Peter's Square and 5 mins from the Vatican Museum. Also very close to the Metro. The room was very comfortable and quiet and of course had a stunning view out towards the Vatican.

During our stay Livio and Daniele were the most helpful of hosts, giving us great advice everyday of what to see and do, nothing was too much trouble for them. They both had a great sense of humour, we enjoyed their company and conversation. They cooked great breakfasts, which we looked forward to every morning (fantastic omelettes and cappuccino!). Also their employee Louisa, who came in every morning was very friendly and cheerful and kept the sweets basket topped up because 'someone' was eating them all!!!

We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Rome!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bren7740
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Thank you TripAdvisor! I found this amazing B&B on TripAdvisor and honestly, our trip to Rome would not have been the same without it. This B&B really is a view of Rome and you really do have a room with a view. Many times when traveling I've thought views don't matter but it was wonderful to go to wake up and go to bed viewing the Vatican. You are literally across the street!

I can't say enough good things about our hosts Livio and Daniele. They both took time to get to know us a travelers, finding out what we hoped to accomplish on our visit, and then set about helping us schedule and plan accordingly. The service was so customized. My husband and I enjoyed walking, buses and trains while we observed another guest wanting a personal tour with a driver. Daniele assisted each guest individually. Now that is customer service!

Each day we were asked to leave a note outside our room with the time we wanted breakfast set. It was great. At the precise hour of our requested breakfast we would arrive to find our coffee ready and individualized food service provided.

I can't say enough about A View of Rome. Everything about it made me feel like I was at home and with friends who were sharing the BEST VIEW in town with me.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank holtie
Reviewed 12 January 2012

From the time we were greeted outside the beautiful building on Christmas Day, to the 4th day when we left - we had a great time. The rooms are adequate, comfortable and clean. We were delighted when offered eggs, cheese and fruit at breakfast - the coffee is superb. The hosts are just the friendliest, very helpful and we felt very much at home. Thank you so much - your hospitality made our stay in Roma so worthwhile and memorable.

Room Tip: family room is great - beautiful view of the Basilica.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kaiser08_KZN
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Just stayed at A View of Rome for five nights and had a wonderful time. Great location on the Piazza Risorgimento, close to the Metro, bus and tram lines, although we easily walked everywhere. Great views over the Vatican, but photos from other reviewers illustrate this better! Very comfortable room, with Daniele and Livio's attention to detail and service making our stay truly memorable.

• Stayed: January 2012