“Family Style Restaurant with Amazing Food!”
Review of Trattoria Cecio

Trattoria Cecio
Ranked #769 of 13,754 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to this restaurant because it had good reviews and happened to be right across the street from our hotel, ( feet our killing us from our tours), we were not disappointed. The restaurant is small, and while we did not make reservations I think we walked in right before the crowd hit because no one else was accepted due to reservations. We ordered the beef carpaccio, gorgonzola pasta and veal in lemon sauce. This was the BEST meal we have had since we have been in Rome. For dessert we ordered tiramisu, which is house-made daily by the owner.
If you are staying near termini, put his restaurant on your must list for a quite early evening.

4  Thank tsheldon249
Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We had two lovely rigatoni dishes which were well presented and full of flavour. The staff were very polite and friendly, even playing around with kids at the other tables. A very pleasant dining experience.

2  Thank JGilleese
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The waiters are extremely helpful in making your selection and the food is great. We had the lasagna, steak filet, salmon, and pasta carbonara, each was made to perfection.

2  Thank Travellingthru
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Found this place on trip advisor because initial place we wanted to go to was full. Could not have chosen better. Family run business with Mama on the floor supervising. My wife, daughter and I shared house anti pasto and we had a great Rosso Di Montalcino with 2 pasta dishes and a sliced steak in peppercorn sauce and home fries. Food was excellent and service was very good. However in other places in Rome I was always offered limoncello after the meal but wasn’t in this place. Somewhat disappointing after spending $110 Euros. But overall food and ambiance was still very good.

1  Thank Montreal_2007
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We found this restaurant on the way back to our hotel from a colosseum tour. We were so hot and tired and relieved to find a gem of a restaurant. My husband and I had 2 different pastas one carbonara and the other with truffles. It was delightful. Upon checking out we discovered it is a family establishment and they also have a small winery. In hindsight I would have ordered their family wine. The restaurant catered to couples and families. Tourist and locals were eating here. It is so close to the termini, I hope we can return for one more meal before we leave Rome.

3  Thank AMVTX92