All reviews rooftop restaurant colosseum view the michelin starred restaurant gladiator training front office manager rose petals boutique feel our honeymoon breakfast and dinner ancient rome boutique hotel the general manager every member of staff the hotel manager family suite room facing the main hotel
Reviewed 30 September 2018

It was the courteous staff that made my trip to Rome top notch. They arranged in advance travel to and from the airport, the best tickets at a concert, and a fashion model insider as my personal shopper. My room was clean and well equipped. The daily breakfast excellent. Most hotels claim to have excellent locations. That's because there are iconic attractions spread out all over Rome. But if you want to have breakfast every morning with the Coliseum, and breathe in the memory of ancient Rome, then you must stay at Palazzo Manfredi.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We were so excited to arrive in Rome, and especially to arrive at Palazzo Manfredi. We booked months in advance. When we arrived, we were informed that our “suite” wasnt at the actual hotel. That it was 300 meters from it, around the corner. I am 5 months pregnant, and wasn’t going to be told to walk with our luggage to our “suite apartment” four streets down, which we were warned “weren’t the same quality”. They said that because of the “our particular situation” (meaning I was pregnanr) they were going to do us the favor of letting us stay in the hotel for 3 nights, and changing us to the apartment the last night. Our room was awkward to say the least, with the bed in the middle of the room, and the TV off center with little space next to the bed. The bathroom was the only nice thing, since it was spacious and had nice quality toiletries from Aqua di Parma. Don’t be fooled. You will not wake up with a view of the Colosseum from your room. Most views are to other buildings.

At least we were allowed to stay in the building right? Then, we tried breakfast. This is supposed to be a 1 star Michelin restaurant. Well, be prepared to be grossly underwhelmed. The buffet is quite poor, with fruit that is sour and hard. The bread is cold, and don’t try ordering eggs, they’re disgusting. Room service, fails miserably. I ordered a fruit basket that arrived with damaged and hard fruit. The majestic view of the Colosseum can’t make up for the lack of attention to details and overall quality of the restaurant.

Turndown service happens occasionally. We have been here 3 nights and it has only happened once.

Our last night was in the “suite apartments”. Note: Even the toiletries change. They have a cheap brand that replaced the nice Aqua di Parma that we had in the Palazzo Manfredi building. That also means that while you’re breakfast is still included, you have to walk all the way back up to the Manfredi building, since they dont have hotel services at these apartments. Had we known our stay would be at an apartment, we would have rented a nice AirBnB.

The doors at the apartments are dirty, the bathrooms are older, not remodeled and the furniture is black. Judging from the doors I believe the furniture isn’t cleaned as well.

The Palazzo Manfredi building is definitely a bit better quality than the apartments.

Keep in mind, when my husband and I travel, we book TOP hotels in each city we visit. If you are going to leave home, it might as well be to a place that has over the top comforts. After the our amazing stay at The Langham in London, and Hotel Sanders in Copenhagen, Palazzo Manfredi was definitely a major downgrade. One which I’m sure the Mandarin Oriental on our next stop will make up for.

You’re better off booking at the St Regis, it has a better location, and better service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed 13 September 2018

By booking a Palazzo Manfredi you are making yourself a sweet present. Palazzo Manfredi is a small, cosy hotel with The Colosseum right at your doorstep.

Average room sizes are approximately about 25sqm, therefore don't expect much of running around in your room. However, most of the rooms are overlooking The Colosseum and it doesn't matter is it day or night it will compensate for everything else.

We couldn't get the idea of having broken pens in the room (I know, that most of the times 99,9% do not use them, but not in my case as I am always in 24/7 work mode) Coffee refills with only one pot while having two coffee addicts in a room? Oh well, l shall skip the moan and concentrate on better things about the visit.

Definitely have a dinner upstairs in Aroma restaurant. I would suggest booking in advance as the restaurant space is quite little and most likely going to be pretty busy, especially if you want to sit by the window. Oh trust me, you want to sit by the window!

Aroma is a Michelin starred restaurant, so there is no need to mention that the food was breath-taking. The whole experience is "must see" in Rome.

It was a wonderful stay, would definitely recommend visiting.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcqpan
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Took my girlfriend away to Rome for a surprise getaway and we stayed here and it couldn’t have been more perfect. The staff are fantastic and also help you plan your trips. They set up the room with a bed of roses as they knew I was asking my girlfriend to marry me and got us the best table at the restaurant on the roof of the hotel. The room was lovely and the bed was better than my bed at home. If your looking to stay in Rome then this hotel is a must. You can walk to all the main points in 30 mins and in doing so you will walk past all the ruins in between. I cannot put into words how great our trip was and the hotel sorted everything out for us. Highly recommend staying here. We will go back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We had an amazing stay at Palazzo Manfredi. We were on our honeymoon and stayed here for 3 days. Its a small hotel and we were upgraded to a Colosseum view room in the newer part of the hotel (its actually 3 or 4 rooms that are condos in the building next to the hotel). The view was AMAZING, literally waking up to the Colosseum everyday was the best thing ever. The rooms were extremely modern and the breakfast area was amazing. Service was also amazing from the front desk to the meals.

My one negative thing I have to say is that my robe was dirty both days (not from me). One day there was a big toothpaste stain or fresh stain on it and the other day there was someone else's hair on it. I'm not sure if its the washer machine they are using, but definitely need to check on this. Like other reviews say, once you open your window it is noisy because it is on a main road. It didnt bother us at all as the view was what you really focused on.

Other than that, this hotel was amazing and I would definitely stay here again. Thank you to the staff for making this an unforgettable stay! And the flowers on our bed on arrival. The last night I realized they even give you a pillow option so opted for the memory foam pillow the last night.

5 stars! Will be back!

Room Tip: Colosseum View!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple