New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Driver Guide Service was excellent, on time, and customer friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Driver Guide Service

Driver Guide Service
Ranked #9 of 735 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: WELCOME TO ITALY !Customized Tours shows you The Eternal City Of Rome like no one else. Our tours highlight the very best of Italy , We Cotumaze Tours Show you the Enternal City of Rome , Vatican museum , Florence , Naples , Amalfi Coast & Golf Cart Tours in Rome . Delicious wine tastings at select boutique wineries, factory tours and much more. With 20-plus years in the business, we know just which world class spots to show you for maximum enjoyment. Our enthusiastic guides are local experts who will delight you with their wit and knowledge. And no matter which of our affordable tours you choose, you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions, explore and even do a little shopping.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Driver Guide Service was excellent, on time, and customer friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

We booked Driver Guide Service through the internet for a tour of Rome, as well as, for transfers from our Rome hotel to the Cruise Port and from the Cruise Port to the airport at the end of our cruise. The driver picked us up promptly and explained all attractions with a great knowledge of the history of Rome in English. He included pictures of the sites as they were in ancient times for us to get a better idea of what we were looking at. We had a marvelous lunch at a quaint restaurant with traditional Italian food. Again for both transfers, our drivers were on time and very helpful. We were worried about our tight schedule after the cruise to catch our plane, but we shouldn't have been with this company.

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience Ancient and Beautiful Rome Stress free”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

We had a completely different experience of Rome compared to our friends that were there the same time. We were picked up at the airport (driver caused some worry as he was late and we hadn't reconfirmed our pick up time) and taken promptly to our hotel without the hassle of taxi driver or negotiation of taxi fares. We were picked up and spent the next day on a full day tour of Rome in an airconditioned car (it was 33 degrees and very hot) with a very knowledgeable guide, Favio. We learned so much and were totally awed by the ancient and beautiful city. We ended the day eating at a country side restaurant. The meal took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. We did not have a choice of restaurants but the restaurant was very good, one of the best meals we had in Rome. To improve this experience, I wonder whether the price of the tour could have been discounted considering the driver sat and waited while we enjoyed the scrumptious food.

The next day we had another guide, Favio who took us to the Vatican. He was unbelievably knowledgeable and the entire day flew by based on his stories.

We found our perception of Rome to be the opposite of our friends who experienced the crowds in an intense heat during a hop on, hop off tour with faulty headphones.

1 Thank itravel31
new york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“WELL WORTH THE $$$ - 'MADE' THE ROME EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

Wife and I booked Driver Guide Service through reading recommendations on trip advisor. Booked the 7 hr Rome tour and then the next day, the 3 hr Vatican. Got picked up from the airport and taken to our hotel (included with package). On June 29th, Ivano picked us up from our hotel and started our excursion. I am NOT a person who usually enjoys tours. I say usually because in this case, Ivano made this private tour very enjoyable. Being our first time to Rome, his appreciation and love for his city was evident. He was very animated and knew EVERYTHING about his city. We covered everything in 7 hrs, even taking us to the Catacombs (spelling?) for a 30 minute tour of the underground tombs. We never felt hurried or that he was looking @ his watch to see when it would end. He even used on IPAD to show old Rome, and then compared to what we were looking at.
Next day we had Maria, and we did the Vatican tour. Maria also was very knowlegable. My wife enjoyed her because she acted like a teacher, going very in depth to some paintings, tapestry's and historical references. Like I said, i am not a tour person so when things get 'deep' I tend to tune out. But that is me. My wife loved her and she was very good at her job. Unfortunately for her, she followed Ivano who was outstanding.
I would definetely recommend this company. They correspond very quicky with email, were punctual and took there jobs seriously. Just a wonderful experience dealing with and like I said, they 'made the Rome experience' for us.

El Sobrante, California
“Wonderful Driver and Service...made for a great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

Our driver (I think his name was Manuele) picked up after our cruise in Civitavecchia and took us down to Pompeii for the day. His english was perfect and he was very pleasant and wonderful to talk to. It was a very long drive and he stopped whenever we wanted to take a break. He was very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. We will definetly use Drivers Guide Service next time we come to Rome!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Driver Guide Service Rome/// a pleasure to endorse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

I do NOT usually bother to write reviews but in this case I must......
Great from start to finish! Found them on line after having used the same concept in Kyoto. Pre-trip e-mails answered quickly. Ivano and staff quite sincere. My wife, daughter and I saw more in Rome in one day than I could have pulled of in three or four. By using driver-guide for two sessions (Rome tour one day and Vatican another) we were given free (airport to hotel) car transport. Met us with our family name sign and brought us directly to our hotel. (this driver didn't speak much english but not an issue just to get to the hotel)
Tour of Rome (in english) with "Lucca" was fantastic. He speaks several languages, is extremely well educated in art history/culture (studied in U.S., France, Italy etc). He loves (and grew up in) Rome and is a joy to learn from. He qot to know us quickly and customised his style/tour to fit us. The price was worth it for him alone yet another big...big payoff was avoiding the lines such as at the Coliseum.
Although one could spend endless time in any city, this informative overview of Rome allowed us to explore/experience more of other parts of Italy for the rest of our limited trip. If you are first timers, this is the way to go, of which you will be reassured of as you enjoy Roma from your air conditioned Benz and drive by map clutching, luggage dragging souls. Vatican tour was good for those who hate lines and need more insights inside the museum. If you are only interested in the square and Saint Peters Basilica you can do it yourself. Our guide was very very knowledgeable.
If I was advising family/friends I would insist on an intro to Rome with this family run company.