“Great expectations, average lunch”

Ristorante Santa Cristina al Quirinale
Ranked #875 of 12,275 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Description: Fantastic family owned restaurant. Great place to sit down for a couple of hours and enjoy a superb Italian cuisine in a warm, cozy atmosphere. Closed on Sundays.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great expectations, average lunch”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

It appears as #6 in Rome's restaurants. I tried to have dinner and it was all booked. On my last day, I decided to have lunch and went with my wife. If it wasn't so well reviewed, I would certainly give a better opinion. Fact is, I expected too much: the food was fine but nothing that could deserve such high position in TripAdvisor. I asked for the house wine and the two glasses (one white and one red) were disappointing. Deserts were average. The price, in fact was cheap. And I believe that this is the main reason it appears in the sixth position.

"It's not a wonderful restaurant, but when you ask for the bill, you'll change your mind"

Nice hidden spot near Piazza Venezia, Trajan's Column, Roman Forum and Capitolini Museums.

No Amex, no change for a 500€ note. Be prepared.

Visited February 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“It really is good!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Not the most adventurous menu but everything was excellent and most appreciated. You would never find this place without looking for it but you'll be happy if you do. Staff was not super friendly so if that is priority you may want to go elsewhere. All our food was homemade and lovingly prepared.

2 Thank Gastrotraveler
Hamden, CT
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This little family owned restaurant is tucked away off a main road and is definitely worth seeking out. I was a solo traveler and the waitstaff (son and daughter of the chefs) treated me with warmth and attention. The menu is small and delicious-I especially liked the steak with honey pepper sauce and the zucchini pasta.
Reservations are essential. They will send you away without them.

Visited October 2011
new york
“typical italian”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

great restaurant ,nothing fancy but good quality product and very friendly service made it an enjoyable evening ,a nice bottle of chianti helped .

• Visited November 2011
Bedford, NY
“Saved the best for last”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I had my eye on this restaurant for 4 nights since we are staying nearby. We had had a big lunch and weren't very hungry but I was determined to see if it was as good as others said it was. It is hard to find. Make sure you have good directions. It looks very plain, but we wanted simple.

We asked for recommendations of the waiter. We shared the pasta with fried zucchini flowers. Don't question it, just have it. I had sea bass baked in a salt crust with roasted potatoes and my wife had veal paillard.

This is the last of 10 days eating great meals in Paris and Rome. This was the best, but you might not realize it even with this recommendation unless you, too, save the best for last.

• Visited February 2012