“Our stay at Angolo Romano B&Bin Rome”

Bed & Breakfast Angolo Romano
Ranked #332 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Let mestart by thanking the owner of Angolo Romano, Gianfranco, for his welcoming attitude and helpful spirit. We arrived in Rome a little before midnight. The metro we were supposed to take to reach his B&B was closed for some reason so we had to take the bus there and since we did not stop by the metro we got lost. I called him, and he was surprised because I had not confirmed my stay and my room fo rthat night was given to someone else. I think it was fair since I did not confirm and i came late. Anyway, he went to pick us up because it was raining that evening, and he drove us to the nearest B&B and found us a room. Next morning we took our luggage and continued our stay in Rome at his B&B.
The place was cozy, had a relatively better breakfast than the other one we tried. It had Internet, and a spacious room with a spacious and very clean bathroom.
A very convenient thing about Angolo Romano is that it is close to the Vatican and the metro. The area also has everything you may need from dry cleaners, to telephone cabins, pharmacy, travel agents, taxi stop, restaurants, and a supermarket.
Angolo Romano would not be the same without Gianfranco who is very helpful and hospitable.

Room Tip: Choose the room that has a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Gian Franco is a very warm and helpful host. He arranges to meet you on your arrival and takes time to go through how things work at his unique B&B. He'll happily help you with your Rome itinary or questions if you have any. The rooms are clean, spacious and well equipped. The B&B is a very short walk from Cipro metro stop and has a supermarket on the way. It is a short walk to the Vatican and a 45 minute walk from the gorgeous Trastevere area. Although the metro only runs to 9pm it doesn't matter as there is a replacement bus service if you don't fancy the walk. I loved the unusual feeling of a home
stay/ B&B. There was also Internet access anytime. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This bed and breakfast in Rome was a great place for our family to stay. We had two families including 4 adults and 7 kids, ages 8-14. The space was just right, each bedroom with ac and ensuite bath. For the Vatican City especially, the location is perfect. If you plan to do a lot of sightseeing, there is a metro stop only a block away.
The real reason I recommend this place above all others is the owner/proprietor, Gianfranco. He is a wonderful, friendly, accomodating host, and as I found out, also a very honest man. I accidentally left my iPad2 in the B&B when we left Rome for Umbria. Before I even realized it was missing, Gianfranco emailed me. He kept it for me and met me in Rome when I went back to retrieve it. Gianfranco, if you read this, THANK YOU again!! We loved our stay at the Angolo Romano, and will book it again when we return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dwewers
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This B&B lived up to all of its excellent reviews. Gianfranco was very kind and accomodating. We arrived at 8:30 am, and he allowed us to stow our luggage there until the room was ready. He also did his best to give us directions and suggestions. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The Metro made all of Rome's attractions very easy to get to. (Metro stop is about a 2 minute walk from B&B) The Vatican is about a 10minute walk away, and there are several good restaurants nearby as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank florafauna80
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and its a perfect location in Rome. Gianfranco is a legend and did so much to help us out and give us directions on the map. Room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Definately recommend this B&B!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple