“Excellent food!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the buffalo mozarella for antipasti, then grilled salmon and gnocchi. The salmon was crispy on top and came with lightly dressed shaved fennel. It was delicious. Every bite. The gnocci was good, but the salmon was amazing. We also enjoyed all people watching on the street.

Maura F, Proprietario at Ditta Trinchetti, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks a lot

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant, in a very typical place in Rome. I eat Vegetarian Carbonara and It Was a good choice, very tasty and “al dente” has It should be. For desert I eat Tiramisu home made. Q

Thank pauloalvesdossa... p
Reviewed 25 September 2018

My family and I traveled all the way across Rome to come to this part of town. We picked this restaurant because it quiet and only looked to be locals inside. However, since we took a seat, there was just a bad attitude from the server. I was ready to leave the minute we sat down. Multiple times we witness the waiter go into the kitchen and point at us. At this point we haven't even asked for anything, so there is no reason for us to be on his bad side. After getting our food, the waiter continued to call the cook to the kitchen door and mock and laugh at us. You could clearly tell he was talking about us because at this point, we were the only ones left in the restaurant! It was very rude and at one point we asked for water, he round his eyes and grab it from the sink! I've never been so ready to leave a place. VERY RUDE and not worth it.

Maura F, Proprietario at Ditta Trinchetti, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Ashley
We are sorry but nobody remember about you ! Probabably you haven’t been here ... or you made everything by yourself!
Sorry

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I had the wholemeal fettuccine with a fresh tomatoes. My girlfriend had gnocci with fine small slices of green (capsicum? I thought it was beans though to be honest). I'm also from New Zealand, and my experience was the utter polar opposite to the fellow kiwi who recently commented. Unlike that person, I am not new to proper authentic Italian cuisine. The food was stellar, both dishes were utterly simple and perfectly so – simple, excellent ingredients, prepared very well and promptly served. This is real Italian cooking, nothing more is needed.

The pasta was incredible, handmade and perfectly al dente. I don't usually choose wholemeal pasta but my instincts that it could be perfect for the tomato sauce if done right were spot-on. Truly, this is the best wholemeal pasta I have ever had. I was practically moaning with pleasure while eating (which thankfully my girlfriend just laughs at)!

Furthermore the staff I dealt with were friendly, attentive, and very interested in hearing my feedback. For Rome, and for the location, and the quality of the food, the bill was completely reasonable.

The location in Via della Lungaretta is gorgeous, too. I have been thinking all morning about going back today again for pasta. Hopefully my girlfriend will take the detour!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were initially intrigued by the vegetarian carbonara on the menu. Turns out, carbonara should not be veg. The pasta was al dente, but the pure egg yolk sauce was truly uninspired. And not good at all. And the service that followed airing our opinion was of the same caliber... All in all, I’d go to one of the other restaurants on this cozy street if I were you.

Maura F, Proprietario at Ditta Trinchetti, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

I must bow to your expertise in the subject of carbonara studied and learnt in new Zeland!
Please come back and teach us something new!
Please suggest to not come here to all the people like you . Kind regards