See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel was clean, tidy and very very close to the metro station (approximately 50 metres to re di roma station). The staff was generous, friendly and helpful. We stayed there for 6 nights and had nothing bad. The price was the lowest of booking.com, so to be honest we weren’t hoping having this comfort.
Altough a bit small, the rooms have anything one can need. clean nice design, tidiness and necessary equipment.
The breakfast was fine (not too good nor bad).
If I go to Rome again, I'd stay at roi at the hotel again. We are pleased. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Excellent hotel, location, staff, lovely staff and service. Close to the hotel there are many shops and pizzerias, metro station is next to the hotel, you can go to anywhere in Rome just for 10 minutes. We used the metro to go to the Vatican, for other destinations walked away, couse the location is excellent and evrything is close.I am very pleased with our choice of hotel and definitely next time I will stay there. With best regards from Bulgaria

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I guess not a lot of people would give Hotel Roi a five-star rating. But sometimes there are things that money just can't buy. And no matter how luxurious a hotel is, if the staff are bad, then that just ruins everything. My friend and I had to change our travel plans due to some unavoidable circumstances so when I called Hotel Roi to do just that, I was surprised to hear a familiar accent on the phone. It turned out that one of the staff of Hotel Roi was a compatriot of mine. A Filipino who had been living in Rome for over twenty years, Pastor.He made us feel welcomed and even accompanied us to the nearby sights. We also met some of his co-workers and his boss and they were all very friendly and accommodating. For only Euro75 we got free breakfast and freshly brewed cappuccino everyday. We even got to leave our bags for three days when we went to Florence. On our last day, Pastor helped us look for a forwarding company so we could send a big "balikbayan" box back to Manila. Anyway, back to the hotel...It is just a few steps away from the Metro and about four stops away from Termini. Since it is a residential area, it is very quiet and is overlooking a local park. There are local pizzerias in the area that serve delicious pizza and pasta. I would definitely stay in this hotel if I am ever fortunate enough to go back to Rome. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katy C
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This wasn't actually the hotel we booked, it was a replacement for another hotel which had water problems. I feel it was a touch overpriced given the basic nature of the room and breakfast was only a croissant, biscuit/toast thing, jam and coffee served in the room. However I may well be comparing this to the 4 star hotel which we picked up for the same price.

Location is good, right by a metro and 15 minute walk from the colosseum. Near the hotel itself are many decent restaurants, coffee shops, ice cream parlors etc.

Would recommend it, but maybe for a lower price than €118+tax which we paid for two nights

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Before hitting Rome I had been to Paris and Venice. Paid around the same for all hotels, out rooms at our Paris and Venice hotel were shoe boxes (not complaining, you get what you paid for) however I was really happy with the size of our rooms at hotel Roi. Two double beds. Decent bathroom. Not that it bothered me but it was a little loud outside and found that it was a little intimidating to walk around at night (two females mid 20's) but overall it was a nice hotel and in a good location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends