See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Clean hotel with a slightly crazy design, but ho cares about that when traveling on a budget? Close to Termini and the metro, easy access to sights. Good value for the money, wifi only works in the corridor though.

Room tip: Rooms looking out on the street are a bit noisy, the windows are quite good though and keep most of it out.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Very nice rooms (we booked 3), two very big and a third a good size. Shared bathroom was very clean. Owner was very nice and helpful. Very well located near termini station and not far from all of Romes attractions. Many restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2015

We chose this hotel, because of its location and we were not disappointed. We were in Rome for 4 days, and didn't take the bus once, cause we managed to get everywhere by foot from the hotel. The rooms are very clean and nice decorated. The hostess Emily is very friendly and helpful. All in all a perfect price-service quality!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Me and my family stayed in Tropical B&B, Ms, Emily is so nice to us he help us a lot. We stayed for 3 days. Breakfast in OLA BAR is so good my favorite Corneto con nutella and a cappuccino. Very Clean Bathroom and comfortable room for a family.Near in Termini near in different Restaurant like chinese, indian and Filipino. We miss a lot a diffferent kind of Filipino Food. We eat Halo Halo. "Kakamiss". Thanks Ate Emily for being nice to us.. maybe someday when we go back to Rome we will stay again in B&B Tropical.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2015

This was truly great value for the money! We stayed at this bed and breakfast for 5 nights in March 2015 (price was 240 for all nights). This was one of the cheapest accommodations in Rome, and it was a very nice stay, absolutely above expectations for the money!!

Location:
Location was absolutely great! It was a few minutes’ walk from termini train station. This is the main station in Rome, if you stay anywhere else you probably need to get to termini first, and go on from there. Some earlier comments said that the area was unsafe. I am not sure about that. There were many beggars at night, and I think that the chances of running into trouble might be bigger around Termini than in the city center (which is about a 15 minute walk, or 5 minutes by metro, depending on where you are going). However, we had no problems whatsoever, and we felt quite safe. If you want to be on the safe side, you might want to stay somewhere else if you are a girl alone, but we did not have any problems ourselves.

Room:
The room (room 7 for us) was very large, a king-size bed, an extra sofa bed, closet, table, etc. were all there. There is also a TV with many channels (all in Italian except 1 channel which was in the original language: 786. Mostly English, but I also saw I cartoon that was in Japanese (I think)). The bed was very comfortable for me. It was quite firm, but not too firm for me. The pillows were fine too, I slept great (and I don't sleep that well in hotels usually). Of course, it is not a five star bed that is extremely comfortable, but it was the best bed I have had in cheap accommodations. There is also a window that opens, but if you open the window you do hear traffic outside so we only did that in the mornings. We stayed in March (when it was around 15 degrees Celsius), so I would not know how comfortable the room is in case it is much colder or hotter.

Cleanliness:
Five stars. No trouble at all. Everything was cleaned every day, clean towels and bed sheets every 3 days (or each day for 2,50 extra per person). The bed was made every day as well. Did not see anything dirty, bathroom was also very clean.

Bathroom:
Bathroom had a bath with a shower (so you need to get into the tub to shower). Also a sink (with mirror and shelves), toilet and bidet. I ran out of toilet paper at night once, and it was renewed before I got up the next morning. The towels were comfortable and quite large. The bathroom is shared, I had to wait one time to use it but that was no problem for me.

Breakfast:
Breakfast is in a cafe nearby (approximately 2 minute walk, around the corner). It was Italian breakfast, so cappuccino, fresh juice and something sweet (e.g., croissant, large piece of cake, pastry with cream or something comparable). The place is very cheap (e.g., cappuccino for 1 euro) so if you are a big eater you can probably buy some more food there (and it was good!).

Staff:
The staff was great, no complaints at all. They were very friendly and showed us a map and the way to a great neighborhood to eat. We accidentally gave 2 breakfast cards instead of 1 to the person behind the counter on our first day, and they gave us an extra voucher with no extra charge.

Value for money:
Value for money was great. The price (24 euro per person per night) was comparable to a private room in a hostel, and this was so much better (and includes breakfast)! I am very happy we chose to stay at this bed and breakfast! Also, there is free Wifi which worked like a charm!

Date of stay: March 2015