See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2015

We stayed for 5 nights in this slightly unorthodox B&B, in an apartment building. No lift and on 3rd floor, which could be a problem for some. Very friendly owner who spoke good English and made us very welcome. The room was basic but spacious and clean. Breakfasts were simple but good, served on the tiny balcony every morning: orange juice, cake/croissant, biscuits, fruit and tea/coffee/chocolate. Marco warned me that the tea was awful, and it was, so I swapped to chocolate on the 2nd morning! He was very helpful with recommendations and directions, and even returned in the evening on my birthday to present me with a tiramisu cake and bottle of sparkling wine. He had noticed the cards up in the room (or maybe he checks passports for birthdays?). Location is good for the price: quite near metro, so easy access to the city, and felt safe. Some restaurants nearby but we struggled to find anywhere open on Sunday (and ended up with a takeaway pizza). The only criticism was that the bed was uncomfortable - much too soft for us, to the extent that we put the mattress on the floor after the first night. Nevertheless, we would happily stay here again. Good free wifi. Overall excellent value. Thank you, Marco.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 19 May 2015

We stayed there for 8 nights. The B and B is near the metro stop Subaugusta line A. In about 25 minutes you are in Termini. The owner was very helpfull and friendly. The breakfast is served in your room. We had a room with a balcony, so we really enjoyed our breakfast "al fresco" every morning. Our room was large and clean. The bed was ok and I didn't like the pillow, too hard to my likening. The airconditioning system was working well and so was the TV with so many channels. The wifi was also running very well. My only reservation was that during our stay the metro line A stopped at 21h30 making it hard to have a supper in central Rome. There was a shuttle bus system put in place. Will I go back, yes and I would recommend it to my friends.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jojo2005
Reviewed 22 June 2012

One thing to keep in mind with this place is that it isn't your typical hotel. It is a 3-4 rooms in an apartment building. That being said, we had a very nice stay. We were visiting Rome for the weekend (we are stationed in Naples). The owner is very friendly and speaks pretty good English. We arrived at night and he told us where we could get some food.

The bedrooms were clean and had the basics (bed, wardrobe, desk, bathroom with shower). One thing to keep in mind is that items you would find in a hotel (shampoo, bodywash, soap, etc) is not included. Not a huge deal, but coming from America, I expect that, so just keep that in mind and bring some travel sizes with you.

He brought breakfast to our room Saturday. We opted not to have breakfast on Sunday because we wanted to get a really early start since it was our last day there. It was nice not to have to worry about where to eat breakfast.

There was free wifi as well and he showed us how to connect to it.

The metro station is within a 5-10 minute walk and the owner gives you a business card with directions to the metro station (very helpful!). From there we took the subway into the city.

Overall it was a decent experience and I would stay here again. The price was pretty good too (140 euro for 2 nights).

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank htmlgirl
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Acquedotti Antichi has a slightly unusual set up for a B&B, as Mario (the owner) doesn't actually live at the location, however he lives nearby and was at hand whenever we needed him (arriving, leaving, breakfast etc).

The location for us was great - a short drive from the airport, and very close to the metro. There is off-street parking so you don't need to worry about your car during your stay.

One added bonus was how close we were to the Claudio Aqueduct Park. A five minute walk and you can touch a piece of history. The park itself was beautiful, and very quiet without too many tourists.

Each morning Mario made us a fantastic breakfast. And his coffee would rival any fancy cafe. He also made some great restaurant recommendations and gave great directions.

Fairly simple room, however clean and with a lovely sunny balcony.

I would return here again.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire T
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Although not in Rome centre, it is easily asscesable from Metro line A. The proprietor was very helpful and speaks excellent English. The 3 flights of stairs and the double decker bed may be a problem for some travellers. The room was spacious and neat and clean. All in all great value for money.

Date of stay: October 2010