“WOW! This place is unbelievable! This is the ONLY...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
renee d
DeWitt, Michigan
“WOW! This place is unbelievable! This is the ONLY place we will stay in Rome! We will be back!”
Reviewed 20 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We were initially drawn to the property by the impressive pictures, but times that by ten. In particular, the upstairs sun room and connecting terrace overlooking the Roman Forum was our favorite spot to relax. What drew us to the property, other than the stunning pictures and reviews on the place, were the reviews on the homeowner, and ultimate hostess, Otensia (and her daughter Francesca). This is not your everyday HomeAway property. These two ladies, along with their housekeeper who comes daily, run this place like a 5-star hotel. On a daily basis the beds were made, the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned, the furniture pillows fluffed, the windows spot-cleaned, etc. It was complete luxury!
Prior to coming to Rome, we had a fair amount of email exchange with Otensia looking for recommendations on restaurants, tours, etc. She was always quick to respond with lots of suggestions and guidance. She helped us sketch out a great vacation even before we got there.
We stayed there for five days and wished it was longer. There were four of us, but this place would be perfect for three couples traveling on vacation together or a large family. Each of the three bedrooms have their own newly renovated bathroom. The first day we got there we thought it would be great to relax in our new place with a "home-cooked" Italian meal. So we asked Otensia if she had a chef she would recommend. She quickly arranged this for us, so we ended up inviting her and her daughter to join us. We really enjoyed the conversation with them over the seven courses of our meal - the chef was great and the food was awesome!
We hope to come back to Rome again and if we do, we will only stay here! Thanks again, Otensia!

7 Apr 2017
Renee and Chris, thank you so much for your wonderful review !! I'm flattered that my hospitality has made your holiday in Rome, in my house an unforgettable memory. My goal is to pamper my guests , to help them during their stay, for every needs . Come back soon, because you are always welcome in my house.
sami t
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic – Don’t miss it”
Reviewed 23 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I will start with what my niece texted me after we settled down in Ortensia's beautiful home, and I quote: "Thank you for choosing this apartment. I don't even have the words to describe how beautiful it is ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️".

Ortensia is a wonderful host; she made sure that we had food when we arrived, eggs, tea, coffee, crackers, fruits.....etc. The apartment is done with impeccable taste and it is very clean and comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped. New washer and dryer made things so much easier. And the terrace, wow, you can just sit there the whole day and enjoy the views.

Ortensia was hands on, helping us with information on places to visit, tours to take, restaurants to eat at, even booked taxis for us from and back to airport multiple times because we had different schedules. Ortensia also checked how we were doing every day. Pina made up the apartment every day. I can go on forever. Just as we all did, you will simply love everything. I am certain we will be back. Thank you Ortensia for offering your home. Thank you Pina for taking care of us every day.

One other thing - providing mobile 4G internet access was brilliant.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Can't single out any one thing
Liked least: Nothing to mention
24 Oct 2016
Beth thank you for your wonderful review.
For me it was really a pleasure welcome you all , and help you to make your vacation an unforgettable memory.
And thank you for having treated my home with great respect.
Come back soon, you will always be welcome in my house !!
765jason
Houston, Texas
“No better apartment in Rome. Seriously.”
Reviewed 13 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Let me begin by stating that the apartment is a reflection of its owner, Ortensia Spigarelli: pure class and sophistication. My family began vacationing in private apartment rentals six years ago, and we've stayed is several remarkable properties. But never have we encountered a host like Ortensia.

She greeted us with Champaign and a refrigerator full of snacks for both us and our children. She facilitated our search for a kid-friendly tour guide. She recommended lesser-known historical sites that, on our fifth visit to Rome, were unlike anything we'd seen before. She recommended excellent restaurants. And when my wife and I had trouble finding a last-minute reservation for "date night", she called a roof-top restaurant owned by a friend to arrange a primetime table for two with an iconic city view. Most remarkably, when my wife tripped and injured her arm, rather than simply recommend a nearby doctor, Ortensia hurried over (with car and driver) to escort us to the hospital where she walked us through the doors and into the office of her doctor friend, who had us in and out in less than thirty minutes.

And she did all of these things without ever being intrusive or disrespectful of our privacy. She was the perfect Roman ambassador and, I suppose, our Roman guardian angle.

As for the apartment, the pictures do not do it justice. This is especially true for the terrace and its views of the forum and Palatine Hill. Each bedroom is cool and comfortable. There is ample space to unpack, which is rare. And the bathrooms are spacious and modern. I only showered in the master bath, and both the water pressure and hot-water supply there were divine. The neighborhood is quiet and safe, with several proximate, non-touristy dining/drinking options (we hit them all, some multiple times). And there is daily maid service!

If you have the opportunity to stay here, you absolutely must. There is nothing else like it. Indeed, we pointed out the terrace to our tour guide while we were on the Palatine Hill, and she was dumbfounded that such a property could be rented.

Lastly, I'll say that we weren't planning on returning to Rome next year, but we're seriously considering a trip back if we can stay at this apartment. No kidding.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
13 Oct 2016
Jason, it was truly a pleasure to have you and your family as guests in my home. You were the perfect hosts !!! Respectful of the house and always very polite. Thank you for your wonderful review, and to have described the things that made your stay memorable in my house. And it was a pleasure for me to help you and Katherine while staying at my house. For me, my guests, I like my friends, and I try to do anything for them !! I hope that you and your family will return again in Rome, and you will always be welcome in my house !! Ortensia
A TripAdvisor Member
“Spectacular Forum Terrace is Spectacular”
Reviewed 6 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Comfort, elegance, convenience, are just a few of the words I would use to describe our stay. The owner, her husband and her daughter are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I am sure we have made a life long friendship and plan to return again next year. I cannot recommend this apartment enough, you will not be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: I had to leave
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
6 Oct 2016
Thanks Paul for your words that come from the heart !!
I am so glad that your stay in my home made your vacation in Rome unforgettable.
You were all wonderful and I really hope we will meet again next year.
748giorgi...
London, United Kingdom
“what an amazing and unique place!”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

How could you not love Ortensia's stunning house and her hospitality. The house is even more beautiful that the pictures show. The terrace is of course the highlight, we could have spent our all long weekend there admiring the best view of Rome. But it' not just about the terrace. Every part of the house is made and furnished with great taste at top standard (we loved L'Occitaine toiletries!). A fantastic house with a delightful host: Ortensia. She always made sure that we had everything we wanted and more. We arrived late night and she had cooked a lovely meal for us and supplied fridge and cupboard with lovely things for breakfast and even a bottle of Prosecco for our special occasion! Our girls loved the big screen TV with Netflix and their en suite bathroom. We didn't want to leave, it was too short and we will definitely go back. Our advice is: stay for at least a week and plan a lot of time in!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the terrace
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
4 Oct 2016
Ian, thank you so much for your wonderful review !
I am very pleased that your experience with my apartment and with me was so good, and it is so nice to read that you have enjoyed your stay!!!
I was happy to have guest like you.
I know that it is very important, for my guests, find a person collaborative and that is willing to help them during their stay in a foreign country. My goal is to be at the side of my guests, to solve all their problems and make their stay a fantastic experience!
I look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
Ortensia
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing