“Very poor service ”

Ranked #425 of 13,630 Restaurants in Rome
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 8:30 and had to wait for about 20 minutes which was fine. We sat at the street tables. It took at least 30 minutes to even get a menu to look at. Once we ordered, the food came relatively quickly and it was good but rather small portions. After we finished our dinner it took another 20 minutes for someone to ask if we wanted dessert. Then once we decided we didn’t want any dessert it took them another 20 minutes before anyone asked us if we wanted dessert. Then I asked for the check and nobody brought the check out for another 15 minutes. I eventually had to walk into the restaurant to ask if I could pay the bill. The lack of any service left a very bad taste in my mouth. We will not be back - this kind of service is pitiful for a small restaurant that at most had 20 patrons.

RifugioRomano, Proprietario at Rifugio Romano, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

1 star but the food was good you said... Portions are not small, it depends on the dish. Lots of people told us that is too much and they can't even finish, it really depends on the person. The slow service could happened if the affluence in the restaurant is a lot and all at the same time, and it's because our restaurant likes to the people. I don't think you saw some of the waiters doing nothing, their just doing their work so hard and the best that they can when there's a queue of people who chose our restaurant to eat good food in Rome and not just touristic food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived late in Rome, dropped our bags in hotel near the train station and walked straight here. Wow, great little family run restaurant with amazing food and wine at reasonable prices. This is what we came to Rome for.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Today I visited the restaurant and after waiting for 2 hour I finally got a table on the street. The table was against the restaurant glass so I kept my handbag down near my leg. In a matter of 30 min my handbag was stolen and it was stolen in a very professional manner. My husband was sitting next to me and didn't even notice. The restaurant people didn't find it shocking and offered no help after having to wait for 1 hr. It was such a bad experience and I totally regret going to the restaurant. The restaurant people just carried on with their business as usual and it seemed to me that this is not the first time a bag is stolen from their premises. Extremely unsafe and very very very disappointing experience

3  Thank Mandira K

I am the manager, and the guy who served you the evening when somebody stole your handbag during that evening.

I want to thank you for the one star review on TripAdvisor because after the restaurant was close I waste one hour of my time searching for your grey handbag all around our restaurant and checking on our security cameras without any result.
Anyway the police never called the restaurant asking for any information about the unlucky situation. The only thing we can do is apologize even if we don't have any responsability, we aren't police we're just honest employers who work hard to make happy our customers. In this town you should pay attention everywhere not only in our restaurant. Ending this reply we can only say sorry.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Just had a fab night eating the most wonderful pizzas with great service with a smile in the warmest atmosphere we have found in our 3 days in Rome
Thanks

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful, authentic meals. Quaint atmosphere. Staff is multi-lingual and very helpful. Our daughter is vegan ( we are not) and there were ample choices for all. (We had the carbonara, lasagna, vegan pasta, bruschetta, vegan suppli, vegan tiramisu, and panna cotta). Several of those around us had pizzas, which looked amazing as well. Highly recommend!