“Would stay here again”

B&B Relais La Maison
Ranked #786 of 3,782 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this B&B. Rooms have been updated, everything was clean and presentable. There is a small elevator that you can use (as it's on the 5th floor). Good location-- can walk to many attractions, but also very close to a main bus route.
Tony was an excellent host, made many recommendations for our stay (sites to see/ which buses or trains to take) and was available to answer any questions we had.
Breakfast was satisfactory with a selection of bread and spreads, pastries, meat and cheese, cereals, yogurt and fruit. It was always more than enough to tie us over until lunch. The coffee machine is available for use 24/7 as well as tea or hot chocolate. We didn't have any issues with bed bugs or any insects, no complaints, good value for service. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thewal1

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Our stay was a disaster, when we first arrived there was a few stains on the blankets and a few hairs in our sheets, we decided to let it go, since we did an early check-in and maybe the staff rushed the cleaning although Antonio (front desk) assured us that they did change the sheets. After the first night, I noticed I had a few bites on my arms the next morning and I let that go too, thinking maybe it was mosquitos that I had gotten while busy outside touristing. After night two, the bites multiplied and I started to get concerned, I had bites all over my arms and on my back then I started doing some online research and realized these were bed bug bites! So we spoke to Antonio, who in not so many words, said he didn't think they were bed bugs because they had recently done a deep cleaning and tore out all the moldings the week before. Now...why would a hotel do this if they didn't have a bed bug problem? To their credit, they didn't openly admit it, but they didn't flip out and deny it either. Instead, Antonio switched out rooms (so he can inspect our old room for bugs) but the next morning, after sleeping with the lights on and wearing a long sleeved shirt to bed, I was still covered in more bites. Now that I'm home half my luggage is still in seal plastic bags and I threw out most of my belongings so I don't track it back to my house and I'm completely swollen and covered in insanely itchy bites (I counted 34 bites in total) and anti-histamine creams. It pretty much ruined the last days of our vacation ( I had to wear long sleeves to cover the bites in the 84 degree Rome heat while constantly reapplying various ointments to keep the scratching at bay). My boyfriend was running back and forth to the pharmacia for medicine. Also made my 12 hour + flight back home a nightmare.

Other things to note, beware of the free breakfast, after the third day of our stay we noticed the fruits were completely rotting in their basket and the croissants were on their last legs.

The only redeeming qualities were the location, which was nearby to many sights and Antonio (front desk). He was helpful when we first arrived and informed us of all the major attractions and how to get there. Also helped us in booking our cab to the airport at 4 in the morning and the cabbie was early and super nice. He was very polite and tried the best he can (I thought) while dealing with the bed bug situation, however, they really should have given us a refund for our stay or hired exterminators to check the rooms to make sure the problem was eliminated before they received more guests after their deep cleaning failed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

The staff is very nice and friendly, the room is large and so is the bathroom. Location also very good, walking distance from pretty much everything.

Some improvements are needed in order to keep the quality high. The breakfast is very limited and it doesn't get any refill, which I think is ridiculous. I have even asked why and got answered "that's how it is". Also, what's the point of having a jacuzzi style shower if it doesn't work properly?

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Just returned from a 5 night stay in this delightful b&b. There were 8 of us and we booked 4 rooms. The rooms are on the 5th floor but as there was a lift, this was no problem. The rooms were all well equipped with the usual facilities ie toiletries, hair dryer, mini fridge and air con. Wi Fi was available and free of charge. Coffee, tea, juice, drinking water was also available at any time. The breakfast were continental style and very good. Fresh fruit, various pastries, ham and cheese etc. The establishment was clean and stylish and the proprietor, Tony, was an excellent host.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I was staying alone in a double room and it was amazing, would have been very nice for two persons too. Clean and stylish hotel, good service and good location: Short walk from main station Termini and short walk to Via Nazionale and to sightseeings etc.
I loved that the breakfast was included, it was simple but enough to get day started! Hotel was bit found to find at first place since no visible sign to street as it was located in a normal building, I passed it once already before realized to read the names on the list outside doors. WiFi wasn't working much in the room, best connection near reception area, and WiFi is quite essential for us tourists..

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo