Review Highlights
Be aware of charges for luggage

We pre-booked this transfer from Sorrento to Positano online. I wondered whether there would be a... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jacqueline D
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Okay ferry, but beware of incorrect journey times!

Pre-booked the ferry from Castellemare Di Stabia to Capri on the Alilauro website. We chose this... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2018

from USD 24.44
from USD 27.02
from USD 42.10
More Info
All reviews return ferry ferry company ticket booth earlier ferry pleasant journey bay of naples pier hydrofoil scenic amalfi kiosk refreshments crossing coastline euros souvenirs napoli
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We used this service twice from Naples to Sorrento, we caught the 15:05 ferry from Beverello to Sorrento each time using bay 10.the ferry journey itself was pleasant and drinks and snacks were available during our travel, it ran on time.
The only negative was that we purchased two tickets each time in Naples from the Alilauro ticket booth, we were charged 27Euro, but on the tickets it says the fare is 13.10Euro, thus 26.20Euro for two tickets, we did ask about this but no one gave us an answer

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We took the Alilauro ferry 3 times.

For each leg I'd navigated the Alilauro website, made and printed the booking as a sheet of A4.

At Naples Molo Beverello I took it up to the office and was told "no problem, take it to the ship". Sure enough this worked fine and we got safely to Sorrento.

BUT then from Sorrento took a return Alilauro trip to Capri. Foolishly I assumed the same protocol so we queued for the boat. This time our printed A4 tickets were rejected and the staff member at the boarding gate told us to exchange them for vouchers at the office. I assume he'd had some big disappointment in his life and was now taking it out on the rest of us.

The ticket office was swamped with people and no way could we have made the swap except a lovely tour guide intervened on our behalf saying she didn't want visitors to get a bad impression of her home town.

Having made it to Capri we immediately made the A4 to voucher switch for the return leg.

Finally we were able to use these vouchers on an earlier boat run by ANOTHER company. What a relief.

Summary: caveat emptor and TRY to switch printed A4 tickets into vouchers even if they tell you it's not needed. Good luck!

3  Thank ViictorMeldrew
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We got a morning hydrofoil from Naples to Sorrento, and a couple of days later a day return ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi.

Some practical tips from our experience:

Naples to Sorrento. We booked online on the Alilauro website (incl baggage surcharges) and the tickets which we printed at home said that they were valid to board. We asked at their Molo Beverello ticket office anyway on arrival given previous reviews, but indeed that was correct. One tip is that there can be last minute pier changes (as in our case) so worth waiting in front of the large electronic departures board at the eastern end of Molo Beverello to keep an eye. Pleasant 30 min trip and much nicer than over an hour on the hard plastic seats of the Circumvesuviana!

Sorrento to Amalfi. We also booked online the day before and had our hotel print for us, but these were just booking confirmations. We had to exchange for paper tickets at the Sorrento ticket office down at the Marina which went fine. The 1hr journey was great here too with lovely views of the coast. Only downside was a bunch of obnoxious co-passengers who were determined to fight over the open-air seats at the back, but nothing the ferry company could do about that! Would take this again for that trip rather than car or bus.

1  Thank Gemma C
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews and comments on the TA forum I was very nervous about taking this ferry line. However, since they were the only ferry from Amalfi to Naples- my options were limited. While I was originally slated to take the last ferry of the day, which was direct, my boat was ultimately cancelled and I received an email 24 hours in advance letting me know I could take their earlier mid-afternoon ferry, or email them for a refund.

I took the earlier ferry and while it took me 3 hours from Amalfi to Napoli, the ride was scenic and pleasant.

The only thing I’d mention is if you’re booking online and taking the ferry from Amalfi— you need to get your ticket from the Alicoast ticket booth.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

With a plethora of tours to pick from we lucked on the San Valention ! The tour leaves Sorrento at 10am and you cruise out to Capri where they stop and you can have a swim near the White Grotto (Faraglioni Rocks). The boat then heads to Positano and a lovely lunch is included. You can hop off in Positano for the beach & a drink or continue onto Amalfi and spend a leisurely hour or so, enjoy the beach & a Gelato !! The boat then heads back to Positano and onwards to home base arriving just after 5pm. So a long but very enjoyable way to see the Amalfi coast in comfort and beats driving for sure ! It is also extremely reasonable at 35 euros a head , Great Value and well recommended !