1,086 results
All reviews spanish quarter church bells via toledo narrow streets junior suite former convent private terrace street noise small hotel top floor walking distance charming hotel main sites every morning real naples quartieri spagnoli pastries
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for three nights.
It has a good location for the main sites. You have to take the Metro to get there from the train station.
The Room was clean but very small and a bit noisy because of the street.
The Internet connection was slow and inconsistent. We could never connect.
Breakfast was very nice with a lot of choices.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed the small bag of pastries they gave us upon our departure. I thought it was nice touch!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bertmal77
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely small hotel which delivers comfort, advice and friendliness. Some commonly repeated characterisations of Naples, and in particular the Spanish Quarter, as disorderly and unsafe are completely incorrect. This city is a wonderful place and when I return I know where I will be staying. I want to thank all of you who made me so welcome.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank prose5
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My husband and I stayed for three nights there as part of a week's trip to the area. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and even put ear plugs in our room as the hotel is very central and because of that, also rather noisy. Actually I thought it was OK at night - it was the church bells early in the morning that woke me! Room quite small but fine for our needs and the shower was hot and had great pressure.
Breakfast nothing to write home about but adequate. Despite what we were told about Naples, I felt completely safe around there at night. Very busy, buzzy area with lots of great restaurants.

3  Thank ChrissieAJ
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We just returned from a two night stay and had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. Location is perfect, we walked to everything we were interested in! Great value for the price!

Date of stay: September 2017
4  Thank kstkbro
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We planned to visit Naples for two nights in September for the start of a southern Italy trip, but didn't like the could-be-anywhere feel of most of the hotels we checked out online -- until we found the listing for Il Convento. It appeared to be -- and was -- in the heart of a walkable and historic district, the Spanish Quarter. We booked one of the two rooms on the top floor with a terrace.
The staff was helpful and friendly, and suggested nearby restaurants and helped with a cab when we were leaving. The room itself was charming - decent sized, and very clean. The terrace was where we spent a lot of time - it was like being in a garden above a busy city. But the city noises were pretty well shut out when inside the room itself.
Breakfast was good and varied, and we the big mugs of cappuccino. The neighborhood had several good restaurants, and it felt safe to walk. The streets were as crowded and noisy as I expected, and the SQ is generally not that touristy. The Toledo metro station was only a few short blocks away.
TV reception was excellent, with at least five English language channels. There was free internet, but we experienced some spotty service during our stay.
I'd highly recommend Il Convento if you'd like to experience the real Naples.

Date of stay: September 2017