All reviews nice hotel poolside bar lovely swimming pool perfect place to relax campi flegrei naples centre relaxing stay a bit dodgy minute walk from the hotel noisy at night amalfi coast train station stayed here for nights an oasis visit naples pastries agnano
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of April. We flew in quite late so we got a taxi to the hotel from the airport, which cost €35. The meter only said €25 but there is a supplement of €4 for airport pick up and he just decided to add on another €6 for himself. This was a running theme, they don’t try to completely fleece you but they do add on little bits in the hope you won’t say anything.

The hotel is up a massive hill, thankfully we got dropped off at the top and continued to do this throughout the holiday. We checked in, the staff were polite and helpful and then we shown to our room which was in a small block of 4 rooms by the pool.
The room was a good size, with a large wardrobe and comfortable bed and sofa. My only complaint about the room was that there were no tea and coffee making facilities. Otherwise it was lovely, clean and spacious.

We went for breakfast the next morning, which is the usual pastries, cheese, meat, fruit and bread that you expect from a continental breakfast. It was alright - nothing amazing but it filled us up for the day ahead. There were also scrambled eggs and frankfurters. The sausage was okay but I’d avoid the eggs as they taste a bit fake and seemed to be made with powdered egg or something.

I wish the pool had been open during our visit. I walked down to the pool area and it is massive, but unfortunately the pool had been drained and was covered in leaves at the bottom. I understand that it is not high season for them yet, so not a major complaint, but my partner was ill for our first day here and I would have loved to have gone for a swim during the day we spent stuck in the hotel.

Make sure you are aware what you are getting into with the distance between here and the city. The local area is rather dodgy, and I would not like to walk down to the local station in the dark. If I was to do this again I would have gotten a taxi to Campi Flegrei station and got linea 2 into the city. We did the reverse of this on our last night and it was much easier, and the taxi back to the hotel was only €8, which is much preferable to a trudge up a big hill.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fran G
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Typical business hotel, very quiet as it is on the top of a hill offering good breakfast and free parking. Staff in reception and restaurant is professional and speaks English. On the downside it is not near the center of Naples but access to the motorway is easy so it helps if you plan to visit places like Pompeii, Vesuvius, Amalfi etc.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We only stayed here for 1 night while we spent 2 days in Naples and Pompeii. This hotel was very nice!! The front desk staff were great. I was impressed by the grounds. The hotel is at the top of a hill which allows for great city views. One of the first things I noticed was the outside space of this hotel is perfect for a wedding reception or event. The inside decor, however, has a more southwestern feel.
I booked a quadruple room which happened to be a suite with a loft. It was spacious and wonderful. The loft had a king size bed and private 1/2 bathroom. Downstairs had 2 twin size beds and a large full bathroom. The wifi for the suites was for 3 rooms for each wifi portal. That kept the wifi fast and reliable.
The breakfast was free and had better selections than just regular continental breakfast and better servers.

I wish I would have had more time in Naples to enjoy the hotel more. I definitely will be back and will refer others.

Room Tip: Book a suite instead of a room!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank dyvawoman77
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Spent three nights here on a half term mini break to visit Vesuvius, Pompei and Herculaneum. The hotel was clean and the triple room we had was perfect for a three/ four person family. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made our trip. The swimming pool was large and in season would make the hotel an ideal place. However we were just out of season and while we used the pool it was too cold to stay long. This meant there was little else to do and the surrounding area was not one you wanted to hang around outside for long. The nearest train station was a 12 min walk and a slowish train ride to central Naples but extremely cheap (4 euros for the 3 of us). The hotel itself is quite sprawling and there was an old style lift and series of interconnecting corridors to get us to our room. The room itself was poorly sound insulated and very noisy at night. The upstairs bedroom while having an ensuite toilet also had poor plumbing which left a bad drain smell.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nemg2014
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice place to be with my family for a couple of days. Triple room was spacious, bathroom and cleaning to be improved for a 5 star hotel. Nice the pool are and nice staff. Very good the continental breakfast in the morning!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family