“The worst meal I've ever been served!”

Nene Bistrot Restaurant
Ranked #1,468 of 3,375 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We visited this restaurant on Monday 11 November 2013. I was served with the most disgusting pizza I have ever seen. It was literally swimming with loads of watery liquid which had been poured all over it. It was unbelievable, we couldn't believe our eyes! The waiter mumbled something about it being mozzarella milk, and even poured some off onto another plate. I lived in italy for 16 years and ate at least one pizza per week during that time so I think I know what a pizza should look like. I have never seen anything like it. The other pizza we ordered wasn't up to much either. Yuk. We left the lot, paid the bill and left. This was not only the worst pizza, but the worst meal I've ever been served by a long way.

Date of visit: November 2013

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Called in one Sunday lunchtime, on a Mediterranean cruise. Asked the very helpful young man to recommend something special from the local area. We - he did us proud. The antipasti was very impressive, and then I had tuna and my husband had a wonderful pizza. He recommended a wonderful local Vesuvius wine which was most impressive.

An experience we would love to repeat one day, and which we would recommend to all visitors to Naples. And, don't forget to check out the fantastic mosaics in the toilets - worth the trip down the scary stairs!!!

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Popped in on our (with my husband and 10yo son) first night in Napoli and had an excellent evening.
Service was fantastic by attentive waiters who helped and suggested the very best food and wine.They could not do enough...
Would we go back..? Yes.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Delicious food from penne to fisherman's basket and tasty Italian morsels for appetisers including mini arancini, croquettes and garlic pizza. Excellent service and melodic Neapolitan music not intrusive at all set the ambience for an authentic Neapolitan eating experience. Our waiter was very helpful and the menu included daily specials which we enjoyed sampling on several occasions. Food prices are very reasonable for the quality. This bistro is definitely worth a visit and a few steps away from La Ciliegina hotel where we stayed for 4 days. Follow your nose to the delicious aroma of Neapolitan cooking and you will be satiated long after the meal.

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We had a good evening here, even if the portions were way to large! The wine was good as well. The waiters were friendly and hard working and very busy as this restaurant was popular at the time. Even the local Police visited for a take away pizza! We would certainly go back again and recommend others to do so.