1,528 results
All reviews business district free shuttle centro direzionale train station close to the airport hotel restaurant upgraded to a suite short stay clean hotel amalfi coast derelict pompeii angelo taxis garibaldi vesuvius mt
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed here with a group of friends for one night after our booking at another more central hotel was not honoured - if I ever get to the bottom of whether that was the agent or the hotel it will be the subject of another review.........

The hotel is fine from the point of view that the rooms were as you would expect - clean and comfortable although in mine the the aircon was very noisy and the shower temperature adjustment was so critical it was difficult not to scald or freeze. So pretty average.

It is a long way out from the centre and the walk down past Central Station is not very inviting so we were pleased to hear it had a shuttle bus. However it only holds 8 people and we were a group of 6 and when we could not get on, all anyone at reception would do was shrug and point out it was a complimentary service and as it was a bank holiday there would be no more that day.

Breakfast was better than expected with a good selection and some of the best scrambled egg I have had in a hotel buffet. However this was let down by the fact that the dining room had clearly not been cleaned that day and the floor was littered with rubbish and spilt food - again perhaps due to the bank holiday the day before but not very pleasant none the less.

Overall I would not stay there again out of choice and would rather stick with more 'local' hotels nearer the center of town.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tonyd150
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Tonyd 150

thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your stay.

I’m happy to hear the positive comments about the Hotel, even if something didn’t meet your agreement.

I’m sorry to learn about the impression you had with our shuttle service. The minibus we use is always the same, with no difference between working day and week end or holidays. With our 8 sits minibus we don’t have problems, but I understand that in case of a party of 6 people, like yours, some difficulties can be experienced if other Guests need the service at the same time.

Referring to your room, discrepancies on our usual service can be easily solved asking the assistance of our staff. Is our policy to promptly assist our Guests, and change the room in the event of problems that cannot be fixed in the due time.

Last but not least, our breakfast. Your positive comment on the food is shared by all our Guests. The cleanliness is one of the most important aspects we manage with the due care. We provide to clean the restaurant at the end of every service, and when needed also during the service. Also in this case there is no difference in the event of bank holidays. Is possible that due to a big affluence of Guests something could be dropped on the floor.

I understand that more central Hotels are preferred by some Guests, Some others like our location that is no far from the International Airport, near the Central railways station, and in the center of the new business area of Naples.

Thanks again for your comments and best regards.

Holiday Inn Naples

Reviewed 5 November 2011

The Holiday Inn in Naples has challenges. It is in a strange location if you're looking for a tourist hotel. The commercial district that it occupies is a little way out of town, but don't let that put you off - there is a good shuttle-bus service.

Let's point out some of the good points:

1st, it's a Holiday Inn & if you're using Priority Club points for a free stay, there's only one Holiday Inn in Naples - so that's where you stay!

2 Holiday Inn Naples is well priced. Stay in the City itself and pay double. Your choice.

3 Good, free shuttle bus service. Airport to hotel & hotel to city. Scheduled and reliable. You may find that it's a good idea to call the hotel on arrival at the airport, we had a little difficulty in finding the (mini) bus on our arrival. This service alone saves lots of money compared to taxis.

4 I had read horror stories about the state of the hotel rooms and corridors. I must say that our floor (13) had been newly decorated as had our room. We had a 2 room junior suite (which may have been a Priority Club upgrade). The suite was spacious and clean, the bed was massive and was probably new.

5 I found the check-in staff to be courteous and friendly (see note below in NOT so good points), I would pick out Domenico as being a member of staff that truly "goes the extra mile". Well done Domenico.

NOT so good points:

1 The area is rubbish. It is full of rubbish. The hotel can't do much about that! In reality, this saves you money. If you can cope, stay here.

2 The hotel's computer sytem really lets it down. This is one of the things that frustrates guests (and staff). We were locked out of our room every day. The system failed to tell housekeeping to clean our room. Check in & check out is painfully slow as a result.

3 Although our room was newly decorated, some of the fixtures and fittings (especially in the bathroom) were dated, attention to detail was poor.

We didn't eat at the hotel at all, so I cannot comment on the catering (although fellow guests said that breafast was really good).

Summary. Know what to expect and you know what you'll get.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Disgusted17
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Dear Disgusted 17

I thank you for the time you spent to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Naples.

The Hotel is almost completely refurbished and the comfort has been improved.
We know that the area near the Hotel will be renewed, but we don’t now the schedule of the works.

Concerning the door key system, the update is planned to start in the next months, and some problems, actually experienced, will be solved.

It’s a pity you didn’t use our restaurant, since is generally considered the “flagship” of our Hotel. Maybe next time in Naples, you will not miss it!!!

Thanks again for your contribution and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once more in our Hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Senior couple spent 4 nights. Adeqaute accommodation in clean, large room. Great breakfast. Shuttle bus deposits you at the station or central Naples, very convenient.

Room Tip: Room 1915 has a great balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edrsa
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed one night here in triple room. There were 2 double bed so there was really no need to have another extra bed.

Room was quite small compared to other holiday inn hotels. So is the bathroom although it is generally clean. Water pressure of shower was quite low.

Cable tv available which was great.

Breakfast selection was quite good.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank sephyra
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Bad quality of the room (the toilet was not flushing properly), bad location (far from the city centre), bad service, bad personnel, useless shuttle service (since the time table is absurd)... We went there only because our flight was cancelled and Lufthansa offered us a night there! We'll definetely never go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luciano C
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Dear L Costantino,
I am really sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay at our hotel.
I would have appreciated you to contact us immediately so that we could have either fixed the bathroom or assigned you another room. I was also surprised to learn that you were not happy with my staff attitude as on the contrary we usually receive many comments of appreciation. If you are able to provide me with further details I will be happy to investigate further and take corrective actions where needed.
With regards to the shuttle service please remember that it is a complimentary service. Alternatively, our Reception staff is always available and happy to book a taxi or organize a private transfer.
Once again I am sorry to hear all this disappointment and I am sure that should you come back to our hotel in a different situation, not because you were stranded at the airport, your evaluation would be quite different.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
With kind regards,