“Still one of Naple’s best . . for Pizza”
Review of Aiello

Aiello
Ranked #1,397 of 3,137 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: USD 12 - USD 37
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Over the years I have visited this place a number of times. The perfect stop after a morning tour of the National Museum.
The noise at the intersection is tremendous, so go inside or upstairs. Although next to the museum the at lunch time most the guest are Italian. I only eat pizza here and how can one cheat you on a pizza, a bottle of wine and a bottle of water.
Meanwhile I make an effort to schedule my visits to Naples in a way that gives me lunch at Aiello!

Annaani, Proprietario at Aiello, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

many thanks from Aiello staff

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We had a wonderful visit to the Naples Museum of Archeology. We were hungry after 2.5 hours of viewing and it was raining. One of the guides at the museum suggested Aiello as it was very close.
Let me say the restaurant is very rustic but the food is great. It is a favourite of locals who buy off the street. We sat outside under a large umbrella and watch lively Naples.
I had a delicious Spagetti with clams and my wife had two small salad plates (tomato and grilled Vedg in olive oil). We drank a small bottle of local white wine. The service was quick, the food fresh. As it was raining our waiter ordered us a taxi (came in 3 mins)

1  Thank BillM007

many thanks to all the staff aiello

Reviewed 21 August 2016

After visiting Naples Archeological Museum we had lunch in this pizzeria , where the service was perfect and dishes delicious. It's so true that such pizzas are the best in Napoli region: Marguerita, Sea food pizza , Capriciosa, Marinara, etc.
And also delicious pasta, fricassuari of small fish, fine icecream, baba, tiramisu.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

WARNING! This mafia-run restaurant will try to ROB YOU and cheat you on the bill!
This was a true "highlight" of Napoli for us, unfortunately. First, the waiter tried to railroad us into choosing the most expensive pasta. We chose something else - he said they didn’t have it. We ended up having pizza and a salad instead of pasta like we planned. The waiter, by now, began to be obviously rude and unpleasant. Then we waited - and waited. In total, we waited for our meals over 40 minutes while literally everyone around was being served and their tables cleaned - but those were either Italians or tourists unfortunate enough to go with the waiter’s recommendation... Go figure. The food arrived, we very promptly ate as we had a plane to catch in 2h and proceeded to pay the bill. Now for the star of the show - we had 22 € to pay. I handed over a 20 and a 10. The waiter pretended not to have change. Then came the theatre play when another staff member - older one, probably owner - came and started to give him a ton of 10 and 20-cent coins out of his pocket. I ended up getting my 8 € "change" in about 30 coins. By now delirious and desperate to catch our plane, I didn’t do a recount - BIG MISTAKE! On the airport, I counted the money - and sure enough, I was shortchanged by more than a half.
Do yourself a strong favor - STAY AWAY of this cheating trap.

4  Thank Pavel P
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

We ended up at Aiello, not by choice but because there seemed to be nothing in the vicinity of the museum serving up hot food.

First impression was very bad. We were the only customers and the loud blare of cover ktv songs did nothing to help. I asked my companions to order less, lest the food was bad. Boy was I wrong.

The seafood pasta was delightful.. True to bring Napoli, the pizza was done extremely well, with the lightest of crust, with the creamiest of toppings. We ended up adding more dishes to our original order!

1  Thank omega3