“Wonderful food x 2”

Price range: USD 36 - USD 108
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2016

We were just looking for a snack the first night we walked in here. I ended up ordering calamari fritti, which was very light on the batter and tender on the inside. This is not easily achieved and most restaurants fail first at this. Right. Next, we shared a plate of lamb chops. Again, super tender, good quantity and cooked perfectly with a delicious rosemary marinade. I wanted something sweet to close and ordered the Torta Caprese, which I became kinda obsessed with....so much so that I insisted we go back for lunch the next afternoon when we could really indulge. The next day we ordered fettuccini bolognese + a pizza with artichokes. The pizza was good, though a little soggy, while the pasta was perfect. Once again, like a little piglet I ordered the Torta Caprese. This time I ate it really slowly so I would never, ever forget the moist flourless cake and chocolate-almond flavouring. I know this dessert was made for us tourists and yea, I have no problem with that. On another note, people have mentioned the pricing here. NOTHING mainstream in Capri is cheap...all meals (excluding pizza) start at 12 euros a plate. And wine, yes, can also be pricey. But a glass of Brunello is 10 euros in May 2016 and you can find bottles as low as 22 euros here. I know this because I was craving valpolicella and almost got that. Unfortunately, both times we visited, the place was practically empty except for 2 or 3 tables. It's possible this place is past its prime, or needs to reinvent itself somehow.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I do not understand why Villa Verde is only ranked #45. We have been coming here for nearly a decade. Pizza is always fantastic, but their desserts and the mozzarella en carrozza really shine. Fresh seafood abounds, and the outdoor seating area is a delight. In the later evenings, Villa Verde is filled with locals, and everyone knows each other. Definitely worth a try for dinner one night, especially if you are lucky to be staying on the island.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

It is located exactly in the centre of Capri, next to the famous Anema e Core... the ambiance is not the maximum but food is really good! We had one of the best pizzas eaten and also first courses were truly good.

2  Thank richardgordon343
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Food is ....ok, but nothing more. the prices are simply ridiculous. The wine prices for a bottle start at 40€! Please!!!! Thisis Italy :-)
The pizza was mediocre...if at all. The prices for the other stuff how I said ridiculous... Certainly a tourist trap...and loads of pictures of the owner with celebrities on the wall and outside....how embarrassing is that?
Athmosphere? Did not discover any....
Nice and friendly staff though...

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Have been going to Villa Verde for over 15 years. During that time the food has been consistently good and the service excellent. Highly recommend their pizza.