All reviewsjk placethe general managerstuffy hotelmarina grandeevery single detailpublic beachwelcoming drinkbath and showerla fontelinaminute drivehotel is beautifully decoratedhotel experiencesbusy roadhome from homerooms are greatboutique hotelfabulous views
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The folks at JK Place clearly know a thing or two about service! From the low key signature check-in procedure to the welcoming drink and introduction from the GM, Simone, the hotel exudes a relaxed but attentative ambiance. The hotel must have been an interior designer's dream job as just like their sister hotel in Florence the effect is wonderfully luxurious and stylish. The sea view standard room was gorgeous, heaven knows what the deluxe rooms are like! Lorenzo, in the dining room, was a charm and in fact the whole staff are impressive. Unlike Florence there is a lunch and diner option and again I have to compliment the kitchen in not only the quality of the dishes but the small touches (a wonderful freshly baked madeleine at breakfast comes to mind!). The only sad part is their next endeavour is in Rome where we live, might I suggest Venice?

Room Tip: The spa was excellent and again many apologies for forgetting our first day's treatments!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank packerfan452
Reviewed 1 October 2012

From the moment I stepped into the JK Capri I realized it was going to be an amazing experience and a dream come true. This hotel is what for myself the word luxury means. From the lobby to the gorgeous and quiet pool, from the great restaurant to the stunning public patio overlooking the bay of Capri and Naples mainland coastline all I have experienced were the summary of my travel dreams. I was greeted by the G.M. in person at arrival, escorted into this gorgeous terrace and offered a succulent complimentary champagne drink with local delicacies while the staff in moments took care of registration and my suitcases disappeared to be found positioned in my room, all this in a serene smooth way.... this is luxury, super service, smile, hassle-free stay. All you need is taken in the greatest consideration and sorted out immediately . Need a car ride to the "piazzetta" ? In less than 3 minutes a luxury car with an handsome smiling guy is ready to take you there (takes only 2-3 minutes ride). Need restaurant recommendations? They will do that for you in the best seats... need a boat? That's a boat ready for you in minutes .... Boy, the G.M. has been doing a great job and you can tell !!!! The room was large, quiet (like the whole hotel only low soft music and birds' sings) elegant, chic and very comfortable with a huge bathroom and a large modern shower and ... what luxury amenities !!!! We had, like most rooms, a large patio with sun loungers and table with a breathtaking view of the town of Capri and its marina, we never wanted to leave it ! And I could go on and on ... the breakfast served by two wonderful girls were so good, we actually spent hours at our table chilling out gently, sipping the Neapolitan coffee slowly slowly, enjoying the basket of delicacies they brought to us ... it's been so so hard to leave . We found this hotel simply perfect in every aspect, I mean they literally had all we wanted and expected, nothing just nothing was wrong !
I want to particularly compliment and thank Simone, great man, Valentina and Carolina, Amedeo, the luxury car drivers who gently took us back to the hydrofoil and the people at breakfast and sorry if I don't remember all your names, you guys deserve 7 stars and for sure I am an experienced traveller. We are going to book the JK again for next year, I suspect that I will go there several times again in the future !!! Bravi, bravi, bravi !!!!

Room Tip: Their spa is a must: beautiful, elegant with great staff and very reasonable prices compared to other Capri spas.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank aquilasicula
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Did not stay here but stopped by after Da Paolino for a nightcap. Cocktails are served on the most beautiful porch I have ever seen. Capri glamour merged with ample Southern charm and ease. Servers were gracious and left us in peace. Location leaves a bit to be desired in terms of a hotel to stay at, but if you were looking to check in somewhere and never leave, I would put this on the list. At a minimum, stop by for a drink and watch the waves, the lights, and the boats. It would be impossible not to be happy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aj j
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Recently stayed at the JK Place in Capri and the experience was top notch!! The hotel is located at the top of a bluff overlooking the Mediterranean and the property is in absolute pristine condition. The hotel is small (approx 30 rooms) which makes it feel like a home, albeit a beautiful one with friendly and accommodating staff, superbly designed interiors, a wonderful full service spa, renovated gym and tranquil pool area with gorgeous views of the water and surrounding mountains. It's also worth noting that the bathrooms, as compared to many older European hotels, are modern and spacious with beautiful fixtures and with elegant marble and tile throughout. The rooms are expensive, especially in high season, however free, unlimited access to your mini bar, wifi and other free perks leave you feeling very well taken care of. The hotel is located about 4 minutes from the center of town, which requires a shuttle ride to and from, however we found this to be a plus. Returning to the JK after dinner or a day of shopping was a welcome respite from the noisy and very touristy center of town. We had been to Capri many years before and stayed at the Quisisana, at that point the luxury hotel of record on the island. We went back this trip to take a look around the lobby and unfortunately the Quisisana at this point seemed run down and tired. The JK is truly in a class of its own and is THE place to stay in Capri now. Look forward to coming back next year!

Room Tip: stay away from the "hideaway" rooms which are not connected to the hotel and are smaller and less grand than the rooms in the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We tried to get rooms here the past two years until we finally manage to book 4 nights for this year. As soon as we stepped in, we could tell this would be a memorable experience. It's located near the port about a 10 min cab ride to the main square of capri. The hotel is more like a house, you really do feel at home here, almost everything is faultless. The staff are absolutely incredible. Valentina at the front desk, Antonio at the bar, the GM Mr. Simone who himself is very much involved and the rest of the team really do all they can to make your stay as perfect as possible. The spa is tiny but also fantastic with a wonderful Japanese therapist, the strongest lady I've ever met!

We had a deluxe sea view, room number 2 which was beautiful with a great terrace for 3 nights and a penthouse (23) for the last night which was unbelievable with the most amazing views you could ever imagine. I'm a frequent traveller and I am very picky but this place is really really special. Last year we stayed at Punta Tragara which was a good hotel but this really is a new different level.

Also make sure to try the Bellini at the bar, it's Antonios own recipe and it's just unreal!

Thank you JK!

Room Tip: ask for room 2 or 3 if you book a sea view deluxe since they have a much larger terrace
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple