“Italian Luxury.....1st class!”
Review of J.K.Place Capri

J.K.Place Capri
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at JK Place recently and we were overwhelmed with the luxury and beauty of the hotel. We were there the last week they were opened for the season. In fact, we checked out the day before they closed. All the amenities were still available and nothing was shorted.
When we arrived we were personally greeted by the manager along with a refreshing drink and some snacks. One thing to know, which we didn't, is that the hotel is very close to marina and they will send a shuttle to pick you up if they know what ferry you are arriving on. We didn't know and we spent about $20 Euro for a 2 minute taxi ride! You can also use the shuttle to go into the town of Capri which is up on the hill. It is too long and hard to walk and taxis get expensive, so the hotels offers a free shuttle which was very convenient.

The rooms are beautiful and the breakfast every morning was lovely. Everyone who worked there was very nice and always eager to help. They recommended a private boat tour around the island which was the highlight of the trip.

Everything at the hotel was amazing. The only negative was the spa. I made an appointment for a hot stone massage. I kept asking the Masseuse to massage harder and she wasn't. I said it like 5 different ways thinking maybe she doesn't understand english. The massage was so light I hardly felt it in my muscles. It was a total disappointment and a complete waste of money.

Despite the spa, I would go back in a heartbeat. Frankly, it was so relaxing there I really don't even need a massage.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madis0nNY

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The folks at JK Place clearly know a thing or two about service! From the low key signature check-in procedure to the welcoming drink and introduction from the GM, Simone, the hotel exudes a relaxed but attentative ambiance. The hotel must have been an interior designer's dream job as just like their sister hotel in Florence the effect is wonderfully luxurious and stylish. The sea view standard room was gorgeous, heaven knows what the deluxe rooms are like! Lorenzo, in the dining room, was a charm and in fact the whole staff are impressive. Unlike Florence there is a lunch and diner option and again I have to compliment the kitchen in not only the quality of the dishes but the small touches (a wonderful freshly baked madeleine at breakfast comes to mind!). The only sad part is their next endeavour is in Rome where we live, might I suggest Venice?

Room Tip: The spa was excellent and again many apologies for forgetting our first day's treatments!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank packerfan452
Reviewed 1 October 2012

From the moment I stepped into the JK Capri I realized it was going to be an amazing experience and a dream come true. This hotel is what for myself the word luxury means. From the lobby to the gorgeous and quiet pool, from the great restaurant to the stunning public patio overlooking the bay of Capri and Naples mainland coastline all I have experienced were the summary of my travel dreams. I was greeted by the G.M. in person at arrival, escorted into this gorgeous terrace and offered a succulent complimentary champagne drink with local delicacies while the staff in moments took care of registration and my suitcases disappeared to be found positioned in my room, all this in a serene smooth way.... this is luxury, super service, smile, hassle-free stay. All you need is taken in the greatest consideration and sorted out immediately . Need a car ride to the "piazzetta" ? In less than 3 minutes a luxury car with an handsome smiling guy is ready to take you there (takes only 2-3 minutes ride). Need restaurant recommendations? They will do that for you in the best seats... need a boat? That's a boat ready for you in minutes .... Boy, the G.M. has been doing a great job and you can tell !!!! The room was large, quiet (like the whole hotel only low soft music and birds' sings) elegant, chic and very comfortable with a huge bathroom and a large modern shower and ... what luxury amenities !!!! We had, like most rooms, a large patio with sun loungers and table with a breathtaking view of the town of Capri and its marina, we never wanted to leave it ! And I could go on and on ... the breakfast served by two wonderful girls were so good, we actually spent hours at our table chilling out gently, sipping the Neapolitan coffee slowly slowly, enjoying the basket of delicacies they brought to us ... it's been so so hard to leave . We found this hotel simply perfect in every aspect, I mean they literally had all we wanted and expected, nothing just nothing was wrong !
I want to particularly compliment and thank Simone, great man, Valentina and Carolina, Amedeo, the luxury car drivers who gently took us back to the hydrofoil and the people at breakfast and sorry if I don't remember all your names, you guys deserve 7 stars and for sure I am an experienced traveller. We are going to book the JK again for next year, I suspect that I will go there several times again in the future !!! Bravi, bravi, bravi !!!!

Room Tip: Their spa is a must: beautiful, elegant with great staff and very reasonable prices compared to othe...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank aquilasicula
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Did not stay here but stopped by after Da Paolino for a nightcap. Cocktails are served on the most beautiful porch I have ever seen. Capri glamour merged with ample Southern charm and ease. Servers were gracious and left us in peace. Location leaves a bit to be desired in terms of a hotel to stay at, but if you were looking to check in somewhere and never leave, I would put this on the list. At a minimum, stop by for a drink and watch the waves, the lights, and the boats. It would be impossible not to be happy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aj j
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Recently stayed at the JK Place in Capri and the experience was top notch!! The hotel is located at the top of a bluff overlooking the Mediterranean and the property is in absolute pristine condition. The hotel is small (approx 30 rooms) which makes it feel like a home, albeit a beautiful one with friendly and accommodating staff, superbly designed interiors, a wonderful full service spa, renovated gym and tranquil pool area with gorgeous views of the water and surrounding mountains. It's also worth noting that the bathrooms, as compared to many older European hotels, are modern and spacious with beautiful fixtures and with elegant marble and tile throughout. The rooms are expensive, especially in high season, however free, unlimited access to your mini bar, wifi and other free perks leave you feeling very well taken care of. The hotel is located about 4 minutes from the center of town, which requires a shuttle ride to and from, however we found this to be a plus. Returning to the JK after dinner or a day of shopping was a welcome respite from the noisy and very touristy center of town. We had been to Capri many years before and stayed at the Quisisana, at that point the luxury hotel of record on the island. We went back this trip to take a look around the lobby and unfortunately the Quisisana at this point seemed run down and tired. The JK is truly in a class of its own and is THE place to stay in Capri now. Look forward to coming back next year!

Room Tip: stay away from the "hideaway" rooms which are not connected to the hotel and are smaller a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capri
0.3 km away
Caesar Augustus Hotel
Caesar Augustus Hotel
#2 of 18 in Anacapri

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Capri

Been to J.K.Place Capri? Share your experiences!