“Great pasta dishes, romantic restaurant”

Longano da Tarantino
Ranked #55 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We ate here two nights in a row. Had pasta dishes on both occasions - lasagne, spaghetti vongole, penne genovese and spaghetti carbonara. All were excellent. Their house wines are also very nice. The staff are very nice and the views out the window are spectacular.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Amazing ! We had a great lunch, delicious pizzas and a chicken with mushrooms. Thanx a lot, we strongly recommend this place full of Italians :)

Reviewed 16 October 2016

My girlfriend and I both had linguine: hers with mussels and garlic, mine with octopus and cherry tomatoes, and both were lovely. We also has bruschetta and I had baba rum, which were good, though not as special as the pasta. Overall, I'd recommend bringing your own food to Capri since the place is expensive, but if you'll eat there, and especially if you feel like pasta with seafood, this restaurant will do the trick.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Can't say enough about this charming little restaurant. We were recommended by our hotel to a pizzeria down the street but ended up stumbling onto this restaurant. Thank god!! Delicious true brick oven pizza!! The pasta was fresh! The Chicken Cacciatore was to die for. They even gave us complimentary Limoncello they made personally. The restaurant is inexpensive especially to Capri standards. I don't put many reviews up but this restaurant definitely deserves my strongest recommendations!!

Reviewed 25 September 2016

First 'meh' food experience in Italy. The 2 lbs. bowl of gnoochi, slathered in a ketchup-like sauce, had the texture of raw dough. Heavy. The salad greens (not really greens rather iceberg lettuce) rusted, oxidized...was corn a listed ingredient? Not sure as there was a strange absence of kernels, 2 or 3 random. I was craving soup, and for 9 euro (!?) got a decent bowl, though broth likely composed from a cube. The service was fine, they left us alone. Were hidden fees, wish I knew before I left my 'good American tip'

TarantinoGiovanni, Proprietario at Longano da Tarantino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

This is reveiw a fack review .The Owner of the Capricorno restaurant has an American wife and is an our competitor. The wife write again all Capri restaurant.
The restaurant try to be an American restaurant but is really a......