“Entrees great!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We really enjoyed our meal at Aurora. We must have been exceedingly lucky because we walked in and were able to get a table right away. One of the reason for a 4 versus a 5 is the desserts were only okay and this is on a small street without the stunning views of some of the other places we enjoyed. Our entrees - Ravioli Caprese and a pasta dish were excellent. We found the staff to be very friendly and engaging and the atmosphere quite lovely. We enjoyed a very good bottle of wine on the suggestion of the waiter. I would definitely go back if I visit Capri as this was one our favorite places to eat on the island.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

This place was nothing special, and service was terrible. Unless you flash a Rolex, don't bother walking in. Treating my new wife and I like we were less than garbage. Waiter bumped into my chair 4 times without excusing himself and brought our food at separate times (10 minutes apart). Didn't ask if we wanted desert, was almost pushing us out the door. Rude, pretentious and super over rated. Would not suggest this place to anyone visiting the island. There are many other locations who are nice and worth spending the money.

1  Thank Zach L
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Their sauce is amazing. You don't even need cheese. (Try the Napoli, #1.) service is subpar but pizza more than makes up for it. At our table of 6, all eating pizza, it was an overwhelming vote for the best pizza!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We went into this pizzeria one evening about 6.30pm. Although there wer many people sitting outside, no-one was inside. i asked if it was ok to go in just to have pizza, or was it a restaurant. They said it was OK. it has a lovely atmosphere, with warm coloured table cloths (beautifully clean) on the table, Behind us was a copper wood fired pizza oven. We hadn't been in long before the room was full. One couple came in and asked if they could look at the pizza oven. the member of staff said "yes, lovely pizza oven and lovely pizza men". Our pizza arrived and was delicious. Plenty of topping, and charred edges from the wood oven. English pizza places should take note - You can have plenty of topping on your pizza, not just a smear of tomato sauce, and a smatter of cheese. Really enjoyed our pizza here

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

I was curious as several people and guide books listed Aurora as one of the notable restaurants in Capri.
We were given a table inside and I asked for the wine list which has a good selection of both Italian and French wines. I focused on the local wines from Campania which included two wineries that I was not familiar with. I asked the waitress if the wines of San Salvatore were barrel aged and ahe said "yes, they are barrel aged in stainless steel". Given the unintelligible answer I asked her the same question about the other winery and she started to answer the same way. Seeing my puzzled look she stopped in mid sentence and said she was going to call an "expert" who took a long time to show up and was not able to answer my simple question either. Several wines on the list were out of stock and I gave up on the idea of drinking an exciting bottle of Campania wine. My companion ordered a lobster salad which was quite good and I opted for one of the specials-grilled porcini mushrooms sprinkled with olive oil. Half of it was good but the other half was made up of mushroom slices which were undercooked or even not grilled at all so that the overall taste sensation was a strange mix of hot and cold and cooked and raw. The price for this mediocre appetizer turned up to be 30 Euros, more expensive than most entrees.
We both had the same main course, a local fish called pezzogna in potato crust on a bed of spinach. The flavors of this normally delicious fish got lost in the soggy potatoes and the small portion added to the overall feeling of dissatisfaction with the meal.
In Italy service is almost always included and additional tipping is not expected and left entirely to the customer's discretion but Aurora adds a mandatory 15% service charge. When I expressed my surprise I was shown the last line of the last page of the menu which does list the service charge.
Dinner for two with a simple bottle of wine and mineral water came to 202 Euros and is easily the worst price-to-value deal on the island of Capri. Not recommended.

2  Thank Leonardo L