“Great people cooking amazingly fresh seafood”

Ristorante Scialapopolo All'Onda D'Oro
Ranked #39 of 124 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2015

My wife and I and two good friends from Canada had a fabulous lunch. First of all the chef introduced himself, showed us all their seafood and invited us to selected what we wanted to eat. We then sat down, enjoyed a great wine and waited while the food was being prepared. The food was served in three stages with plenty of time to eat and enjoy. Each and every fish and shell fish was cooked to perfection in the wood burning oven.
I am attaching a couple of pictures of the beautiful trays they prepared for us.
It was a great experience and we highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

We stumbled in for lunch as we turned a corner, and came back the following evening for dinner. Cute restaurant, family run, with interesting menu and delciuous food. Very helpful and engaging waiter describing what he considered were good choices.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Food is homemade and plentiful! Very excited staff and owner. The family incorporates their children and friends into the staff. The food selection is truly amazing and they are great at explaining all aspects of the restaurant, food, and history of the island. Very welcoming.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Onda d'Oro has some of the best views on the entire island. The staff were so lovely and personable! The owner and his wife made us feel like family, sharing Lemoncello after every meal.We went back several times during our stay as the food was fresh, the view was amazing and the staff were great! Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Myself and my boyfriend went to this restaurant after seeing the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Our waiter was pleasant, helpful and funny. He was very helpful at clarifying and questions regarding the menu, he recommended a wine for us, and recommended a main for myself. When the food came we were delighted. It was tasty and after I ate my mussels the waiter brought me over some more bread and told me to soak up the sauce. It was excellent. We loved this hotel and went back again during our stay in Capri. Was good value also (as Capri can be expensive) we got starter and main each and a bottle of wine and water for 95 euro!