“Perfect Italian Dinner Experience!!”
Review of Da Tonino

Da Tonino
Ranked #2 of 124 Restaurants in Capri
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by an Italian Chef which lived in Capri.
Da tonino is 10 min walk from the shopping street and it is totally worth it. From the moment you enter, the experience starts.
Salvatore, the chef, is a true artist. We had the eggplant for entry, best one we had in Italy, do try it. we choose the seabass, also so fresh and incredible presentation. I was recommeded a white wine by the sommelier which was perfect for the dinner.
Da Tonino has the quality and presentation of a Michelin Star restaurant but with the prices of a regular one in the Touristic Area. Believe me.
It was the perfect night for our last night in Italy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We booked this restaurant after reading great reviews on TripAdvisor. The restaurant is quite a hike up hill from town and we were lost even with GoogleMap. We got there very late so did not get to see a view. We had a muliple course chef's menu. The food is 5 stars and I think this is probably the best meal I have ever had in Italy. It is really worth a hike.

1  Thank Thanes V
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We picked the restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews and then hotel also recommended it. It was a high light of the trip!
The restaurant is out of the main streets and has no view but food was very delicious. I don't remember ever asking for a top up of a dish but at Tonino I had to, my starter was exceptional. Great fresh ingredients I guess is the secret. There's an exceptional wine list too. I'd go to Capri only to have a fantastic lunch at the restaurant!

2  Thank E360
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We were two couples staying near Capri who walked here for dinner our first evening, at the hotel’s recommendation. It’s about a half hour easy stroll from the center of Capri, with some inclines, but well worth it! First, the service is spot on - friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and attentive. My wife asked about the garnish on a dish and the waiter went out into their garden to pull some samples of the plant for us to see. The ambiance is very nice too, with a welcoming, comfortable dining room. And the food was outstanding, which is most important of all. I had lamb ravioli to start (excellent flavor) and a swordfish steak to follow (on a tart vegetable sauce). Everyone’s meal was tasty and perfectly prepared. The wine list is encyclopedic, and they know their stuff! All in all, you should have one terrific dinner here!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Da tonino is a quirky looking place and is a 15 minute walk up hill from capri town. We had the 5 course chef choice menu. Was delicious. Tasty imaginative food and not to 'Italian'. I'm just not a fan of piles of pasta and pizza. Our meal for 2 with a bottle of wine and water was €150. Good value for capri and my favourite meal so far. Each course was really lovely and I didn't feel over full or over salted at the end. Just right.