“A large scenic campsite”

Villaggio Santa Fortunata Campogaio
Ranked #78 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 17 September 2016

I stayed in a 3 bed cabin for 3 nights as part of a tour group. The beds were comfortable and near the shared toilets and showers. There were plenty of toilets but only 2 showers in the female side. They were cleaned regularly.
There was a shop and a restaurant onsite and a handy shuttle bus to Sorrento cost 1 euro.
the Wifi was overpriced - I paid 7 euro for access for 3 days. I could only get coverage at the restaurant/shop area which was disappointing for the price (I feel wifi should be free).

The campsite is quite hilly so may not suit those with mobility issues unless you have a car.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I originally stayed here because it was the location of the 4 Day tour picked for our stay in Sorrento/Amalfi. Our cabin was a pre-fab, new and clean, we didn't have a bathroom but the clean open-air bathhouses were right next door. The view was of the water, it was stunning! it was an easy walk to the center and they offered 1Euro shuttle service to center up until midnight. After my tour left, I continued to stay. The campground is hilly so I decided to move closer to pool area, the new location/cabin had its own bathroom. I enjoyed having a cup of tea every morning in the restaurant, overlooking the Med. Sea. The beach is a big leveled rock, very pretty but definitely a hike, all up hill to leave the beach. I also booked a boat tour to Amalfi from the campgroud, I had already done a mini-bus tour and I wanted to try by water, it was great but if I were do it again, I would prefer the bus. I enjoyed Dinner at the restaurant a couple of times, the food was great, the staff was friendly. I highly recommend the place. My only question was why there was no campfires.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We stayed here as part of a trip to Sorrento and Capri and then up the Amalfi Coast. We were on a budget so stayed in the tent things and they were fine. Nice and clean although as you would expect, light - the blind was next to useless and the window slammed shut randomly.
The facilities were great - good restaurant, its own dock for the boat to Capri and the swimming pool. All for a good price. Loved Italy!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely amazing! Pretty unappealing restaurant despite the gorgeous view of Sorrento beach, but what an astonishing surprise to feast on the best pizza we had throughout Italy at such an affordable price! We dined here at every opportunity, milking the enormous and delicious pizzas and mixed grill seafood. The waiters were happy to make us customise our cocktails and share info on what was happening around Sorrento. Love it!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheona B
Reviewed 9 August 2016

We have a holiday home in Italy which was booked by other guests so we decided to kill time and stay elsewhere. Been in Italian camping villages before and had a good experience, same as this one. Well, for Sorrento (no beach at all) the beach in Santafortunata was a bonus and going up and down stairs certainly keeps you fit! The check in was good, chalet where we stayed had lovely sea views from the terrace and was adequate. Hot - yes, its Italy. Dirty - no, bit battered but not dirty. Sleeping quality OK, we read some reviews beforehand and had ants powder, moscito plug ins and nets for windows and slept well. Kitchen well equipped apart from the fridge, which could not close properly, but this is it! Entertainment on the beach and pool was good, some good snorkeling in the area. We had a car so was easy to get to town, also other places like Ercolano and we hired a private boat (e140 per day us driving) to go to Capri, which was good. Sorrento bit disappointing, too crowded and busy so was nice to come back to site to chill. We had a meal in the restaurant and it was basic but tasty, bit overpriced to our liking but hey we are on Amalfi coast! Breakfast was included in our package and good for Italy with cereal, 4 types of juice, nice coffee, breads ham and cheese. All staff was pleasant and polite. Site generally safe, kids (11 and 12) roamed around free and we felt secure. Good bunch of people staying on site. The only reason that I dont give full stars is that the site needs bit of modernization and lick of paint here and there. Thanks for having us, we will be back at some point!

Room Tip: Further away from the pool is quieter, ask for a sea view, staff is accommodating.